Most complete back in NFL history

Kiwibrown

2 hours ago, Totty said:

Not very many.  Two seasons if I remember correctly.  He literally tore his own hip from its socket on a freak play being tackled from behind.  

The OP asks "Most complete back in NFL history" When is gets down to size, speed, strength, athletic ability, vision, running through, around, over would be tacklers... I'll take a healthy Bo over anyone ever.  

For me, durability is part of the package. Players like Payton and LT saw 350-400 touches a season year after year and really never missed any time due to injury. That puts them in a class years above Bo, imo.

Not disagreeing on the talent. But there have been some monumentally talented RBs that never get mentioned in these types of conversations because they just couldnt stay healthy and on the field. William Andrews is a great example. He was a deft pass catcher who could run through people like a lighter Tyler Rose. He planted Ronnie Lott on his *** on one play. And Lott had a running start and put his helmet square in Williams chest. Dude was a complete package. 

Couldnt stay healthy. Couldnt stay on the field. Pretty much forgotten entirely in discussions about great RBs or most complete RBs.

2 hours ago, Non-Issue said:

Curtis Enis? Keith Rivers shut him down all day, playboy.

Pffft. Like, only once, right?

1 hour ago, EliteTexan80 said:

Roger Craig?

He was a very complete back. Just not as talented as some of the guys we've been talking about. Maybe if we were to do a top ten list. Robert Smith is kind of a forgotten talent, and (if memory serves) a pretty complete back as well. 

On ‎5‎/‎29‎/‎2018 at 3:48 PM, ILoveTheVikings said:

So basically the most talented team in the NFL

By no means the best in the league.

Walter Payton on a team with a steady QB, TE, 2 WRs, good line, solid D, good kickers.

7 hours ago, Totty said:

Not very many.  Two seasons if I remember correctly.  He literally tore his own hip from its socket on a freak play being tackled from behind.  

The OP asks "Most complete back in NFL history" When is gets down to size, speed, strength, athletic ability, vision, running through, around, over would be tacklers... I'll take a healthy Bo over anyone ever.  

Bo was a lousy pass catcher, though. 

LT could only do one thing in the playoffs effectively... cry after New England had some well deserved mocking at his 'roided up friend's expense.

Walter Payton was the best all-around back.

He would have been a 15k / 10k back in the WCO and he blocked like a sledgehammer.

On 5/29/2018 at 1:22 AM, Kiwibrown said:

wish he didn't rip dat knee, he was awesome. 

McGahee would have been one of the best RB's ever methinks if not for his knee injury. He was unreal in every area until the injury sapped his lateral mobility.

On 5/29/2018 at 11:18 AM, jrry32 said:

The guy said he might have an argument in a few years. It's not like he guaranteed anything.

Well then Carlos Hyde also has a chance of being the GOAT RB too.

Gurley is great...he's my favorite RB in the NFL right now. But he shouldn't be mentioned in GOAT discussions. He has had 1 great year, 1 horrendous year, and one elite year. Le'Veon Bell is closer to being in this discussion than Gurley is. And that pains me to say. I hope Bell's ACL falls off and I've always loved me some Gurley.

Archived