2018 NBA Finals: The Warriors vs LeBron Pt. 4

RavensTillIDie

So it's just that easy to change your body? He's going to add more weight and become even bigger of a liability defensively? 

And he would have to get this unit top 5 defensively to win 40 games. The offense would be down right brutal a lot of nights. There is no other path to 40 wins than being a dominant defensive unit. Spurs while inconsistent offensively still got to 47 wins because they were great defensively. 

They would legit have no playmaker on the team. Hill has never been that guy and we damn sure know Clarkson nor JR are the answer. Possibly Love off the post but you really don't need to send any doubles his way now anyways. 

12 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

LOL. Just lol. Hood and Hill played far better in Utah. Love played far better in Minnesota.

Lol no. Love’s been a much more efficient scorer this year than he was any year he played in Minnesota, and he’s playing 5-10 less minutes per game than he did in Minnesota which makes it look like he is rebounding worse than he was. Hood is just as efficient as he was in Utah as well. And like I said, Hill is the only one not playing to his potential. As for the rest of the roster, they’re playing as well as they can, which is a lottery level team without Lebron.

9 minutes ago, dtait93 said:

Lol no. Love’s been a much more efficient scorer this year than he was any year he played in Minnesota, and he’s playing 5-10 less minutes per game than he did in Minnesota which makes it look like he is rebounding worse than he was. Hood is just as efficient as he was in Utah as well. And like I said, Hill is the only one not playing to his potential. As for the rest of the roster, they’re playing as well as they can, which is a lottery level team without Lebron.

Hood's quite a bit less efficient than he was in Utah. His TS% and EFG% are both way down when compared to the numbers he put up in Utah this year. Kevin Love's per 36 minutes numbers are way down compared to his last years in Minnesota. Him being more efficient is purely a product of him being a secondary scorer. He's been far less effective overall. Neither Love nor Hood are playing anywhere near their potential. It's insulting that you're trying to argue otherwise.

21 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

So it's just that easy to change your body? He's going to add more weight and become even bigger of a liability defensively? 

And he would have to get this unit top 5 defensively to win 40 games. The offense would be down right brutal a lot of nights. There is no other path to 40 wins than being a dominant defensive unit. Spurs while inconsistent offensively still got to 47 wins because they were great defensively. 

They would legit have no playmaker on the team. Hill has never been that guy and we damn sure know Clarkson nor JR are the answer. Possibly Love off the post but you really don't need to send any doubles his way now anyways. 

Who was San Antonio's playmaker this year? Yes, Kevin Love can change his body over an off-season if he needs to adapt his game. Let's be straight here, this is the team LeBron set up for himself. If you had a legit coach and no LeBron, they'd make moves to adapt. You can't just remove LeBron from the team. He's the system. And it's absolutely silly to dog these guys for being forced to play LeBron's game. If LeBron goes, somebody replaces him. 

I have no doubt if you gave a great coach an off-season, he could build a 40+ win team here. There's no world where LeBron just goes poof.

5 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

Hood's quite a bit less efficient than he was in Utah. His TS% and EFG% are both way down when compared to the numbers he put up in Utah this year. Kevin Love's per 36 minutes numbers are way down compared to his last years in Minnesota. Him being more efficient is purely a product of him being a secondary scorer. He's been far less effective overall. Neither Love nor Hood are playing anywhere near their potential. It's insulting that you're trying to argue otherwise.

In what world is 50.5% way down from 51.6% and 53.3% way down from 55.1%? Bottom line is that he’s an average role player like I’ve said all along. And I like how you mention Hoods efg% and ts% to try and build his case but you just so happen to leave it out when you bring up Love because it hurts your argument lmao. I’ll leave it here just for you though so you don’t gotta go pull it up again. His efg% this year is 55.2%. His highest efg% in Minn was 52.4%. His ts% this year is 61.4%. His highest ts% in Min was 59.4%. He’s been more efficient on offense this year than he has any other year in his career, just like I said...again. Talk about insulting...atleast come with a consistent argument.

14 hours ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

I actually respect your hatred towards LeBron. It is actually close to being on par of how defensive you get about people trashing Harden for not coming through in big moments. 

So Steph or KD, who gets finals MVP? Is this the year Steph finally gets it, or going to KD again? I think a lot of it will depend on if the Cavs continue to trap Curry on every high screen. If they do, then they basically let the Dubs play 4 on 3. I remember towards the end of the series they just started switching the pick and pops between Steph and KD, and KD DESTROYED both JR and Irving. Cavs have on paper at least better defenders this year with Hill/Green. They will also slow the tempo like LeBron did in 2015 when he was playing without Kyrie. 

With Love likely to start at C, KD better be taking it to the hole damn near every time he touches the ball. 

That's the thing about KD sometimes. He settles for way too many 3's... Warriors should post him up more. As long as he doesn't go cold like in games 5 and 6.

Is this a general discussion thread now? Because I have an idea for a re-make of The Departed.

At the start of the summer, we give Durant and Jerry Coangelo Twitter burner accounts. They have the summer to identify the other's burner account, otherwise LeBron joins the 76ers.

I'm not 100% sure how it ends, but right now I'm thinking the twist is that Rodger Goodell's wife kills everyone.

8 hours ago, dtait93 said:

In what world is 50.5% way down from 51.6% and 53.3% way down from 55.1%? Bottom line is that he’s an average role player like I’ve said all along. And I like how you mention Hoods efg% and ts% to try and build his case but you just so happen to leave it out when you bring up Love because it hurts your argument lmao. I’ll leave it here just for you though so you don’t gotta go pull it up again. His efg% this year is 55.2%. His highest efg% in Minn was 52.4%. His ts% this year is 61.4%. His highest ts% in Min was 59.4%. He’s been more efficient on offense this year than he has any other year in his career, just like I said...again. Talk about insulting...atleast come with a consistent argument.

Uh no, I didn't leave it out. I conceded to you that Love was less efficient in Minnesota and explained why. I then pointed out that Love was a much more productive player per minute during his prime in Minnesita despite your false claims to the contrary. Everything I said is in plain text in this thread. If you're going to make crap up, do a better job of it. 

As for consistency in argument, I didn't make the efficiency argument; you did. I responded to your falsities about Love (per minute numbers w/r/t rebounding) and Hood (efficiency). Don't try to lie to us if you don't want to get called on it.

8 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

Uh no, I didn't leave it out. I conceded to you that Love was less efficient in Minnesota and explained why. I then pointed out that Love was a much more productive player per minute during his prime in Minnesita despite your false claims to the contrary. Everything I said is in plain text in this thread. If you're going to make crap up, do a better job of it. 

As for consistency in argument, I didn't make the efficiency argument; you did. I responded to your falsities about Love (per minute numbers w/r/t rebounding) and Hood (efficiency). Don't try to lie to us if you don't want to get called on it.

Lol you can call it making crap up if that's what you want to resort to for being wrong. Of course he averaged more per minute in Minnesota - it's the same reason why he averaged more per game. He weighed 15-20 lbs more, allowing him to bang down low to grab more boards and attempt easier shots, and with a 3% higher usage rate of course his per minute average is higher. That doesn't make him better. That's like saying Lebron, Wade, and Bosh all all of a sudden became worse players when they joined up because they became less productive players per minute. No, they're usage went down which caused them to not rack up as many stats per minute which in turn, decreased their per game averages. Same story with Love. He's the same player, just skinnier and a better shooter which allows him to keep up with today's game. Efficiency is the much better metric. Being the 2nd option literally has nothing to do with being more efficient or he would have been an even more efficient scorer as the 3rd option behind Lebron and Kyrie. If it did matter, then we could look at a player like Kyrie who went from the 1st option to the 2nd option when he joined Lebron and we would see both his efg% and ts% go up. Instead, they both went down 4%.  Bad argument is bad. 

As for Hood, in no way is he, "quite a bit less efficient" now than he was in Utah this year. Is 1.1% and 1.8% truly, "way down"? The answer is no and your splitting hairs. He's essentially the same player. 1.1-1.8% less efficient of a shooter, 2 less minutes/g, 0.2 less rebounds/g, 0.3 less assists/g. And if you want to go deeper than that, his ORtg and DRtg per 100 possessions are both better in Cleveland than any of his years in Utah. Same player,  but hey you'll probably ignore this point again.

And no, you are inconsistent. Measure them both by the same metric instead of cherry picking. You want to use Hood's ts% and efg% numbers to prove he was better in Utah than he is in Cleveland, but when I use the same ts% and efg% numbers to prove Love is better now than he was in Minnesota you conveniently cherry pick over to his per minute averages. You can't have it both ways. The only one being called out for lying is you, my friend. Be consistent if you don't want to get called on it.

Archived