Halloween

RamRod

Literally the most boring slasher series of films there is.  Wish they'd just let it die.  The best movie in the franchise was the third one where they tried to change it up, and it's widely hated.  I can get behind horror franchises that play up the horror elements and have bigger hints of the supernatural, but this one is just somebody with autism running around with a knife and killing people.  I'm not trying to poke fun at autism with that statement, I just find it to be an accurate description of the Halloween series. 

The most exciting thing about this movie is that John Carpenter is involved in filmmaking again, and he's said he might get behind the camera again at some point.  My dream is still alive. 

1 hour ago, HorizontoZenith said:

Literally the most boring slasher series of films there is.

When it comes to the series you could make that case, but the Original is a classic. Michael as The Shape was truely one o the most terrifying things as a kid. When he was just an unstoppable force of evil.

And from some stuff that was reported long ago, I think they were looking to go back from that point, resulting in a retcon of everything after the first.

2 hours ago, HorizontoZenith said:

The best movie in the franchise was the third one where they tried to change it up, and it's widely hated.

And in no way can I get behind this. The best? It had a chance to be a decent little horror film if they had not attached the "Halloween" Franchise to it, but it is in no way some great movie

18 hours ago, StLunatic88 said:

And in no way can I get behind this. The best? It had a chance to be a decent little horror film if they had not attached the "Halloween" Franchise to it, but it is in no way some great movie

You're right, it's not better than the original.  I meant best of the franchise after the first one.  I still enjoyed the third one more than the original though.  Halloween might have been scarier as a kid, but I saw it for the first time at about 24 years old.  Not frightening or interesting at all.  The movie seemed to take place in a world where there wasn't such a thing as private gun ownership, and a gun solves everything about the movie.  That's not the case with superior slasher/horror movies with that fantastical / horror angle.  A gun does nothing against Jason, Freddy, Pinhead, Chucky, Candyman, etc. 

Archived