The Travel Thread

1 minute ago, bigbadbuff said:

Nice. Hope everything is semi back to normal by then

They have a personal quarantine role in effect until the end of this month, I'm taking it month by month quite honestly. If in September they still have the same rulings in effect, then I will cancel

31 minutes ago, JoshstraDaymus said:

They have a personal quarantine role in effect until the end of this month, I'm taking it month by month quite honestly. If in September they still have the same rulings in effect, then I will cancel

That’s what i am doing with Vegas

14 hours ago, Forge said:

Phase two rolls out this week. Hotels, etc. 

Glad to hear. I have the first weekend of October scheduled. Haven’t booked hotel yet though. With this being my first time in Vegas is hoping i can still get the full experience 

• 1 month later...

Europe just opened their borders to certain countries, Canada among them..but not the USA. 

I'm thinking of doing New Orleans & Mexico City in 2021 (separate trips), Europe in 2022, Japan/Korea in 2023. I'm hopeful things get back to somewhat normal by 2021 at least, maybe a vaccine....if not then the plans will keep getting delayed. 

14 hours ago, bigbadbuff said:

How are things out in Vegas right now? NY added Nevada to the list of states you have to quarantine after visiting

Spiking hard. Not surprising once they reopened everything. State mandated masks and Governor hasn't ruled out shutting down again

Need some help on planning a trip. Thinking of doing a 3-4 day trip to somewhere me and the wife haven’t been. Doesn’t look like we’ll be able to do our week long trip to Nashville(Titans game) later this year due to COVID so I’m trying to plan something different. Thought about Maine or Cape Cod but honestly know nothing about either. The list of states we’ve been to(not just drove through) include, Delaware(home), Maryland, Virginia, New York City, DC, Pennsylvania(mainly Philly and some other southern cities, Tennessee, Florida, Missouri(St. Louis), and North Carolina(Outer Banks). Have no idea what’s open and won’t know what’s open when we do decide to go. Thinking of going at the end of next month. New Orleans was another one I was thinking about but wasn’t sure. Any help would be greatly appreciated. 

I'd skip Nawlins at this point in time. Great city, but next year should be better for what you wanna do/see there.
Outdoors, national parks/forests and away from humans seems like a decent strategy for late August. Maine works
Alaska would be awesome, but that's not a typical 3-4 day tour. Finger Lakes region in NY ?
River rafting ? Sky diving ?

• 2 weeks later...