The Travel Thread

11 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

It's a struggle because it's such an unknown. I just got an alert for July 4th weekend to go to Orlando for flight, hotel and car for 4 days 3 nights for $800 for two people. If I had travel insurance it's another $50 total. I desperately want to book this, but obviously fear is keeping me from pulling the trigger. 

Well if its oct or nov it might be worth the risk. But yea July is too risky until we learn more. 

22 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

It's a struggle because it's such an unknown. I just got an alert for July 4th weekend to go to Orlando for flight, hotel and car for 4 days 3 nights for $800 for two people. If I had travel insurance it's another $50 total. I desperately want to book this, but obviously fear is keeping me from pulling the trigger. 

I give it a 5% chance that things are better in July

• Like 1

12 hours ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

I have a trip planned to the DR in May and it just about killed me to tell my kids we likely aren’t going.

Not complaining, just happy to be healthy and employed, but it’s a kick in the gut either way.

The gf was scheduled to go to Ireland next week, that was obviously cancelled. I'm debating buying tickets for somewhere for later in the year, but haven't decided when or where

23 minutes ago, Forge said:

The gf was scheduled to go to Ireland next week, that was obviously cancelled. I'm debating buying tickets for somewhere for later in the year, but haven't decided when or where

I bought non-refundable tickets (I mean, why on earth wouldn’t we go?) so now I’m just hoping the airline cancels the flight or they let me exchange for a voucher later in the year.

1 minute ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

I bought non-refundable tickets (I mean, why on earth wouldn’t we go?) so now I’m just hoping the airline cancels the flight or they let me exchange for a voucher later in the year.

I think that most have been, haven't they? 

Looking for recommendations with regards to a solo travel excursion when this is all over. Generally the gf and I like to take a couple of international vacations together, but one of them got disrupted because she got roped into having to make a trip with her mother and sister, so I'll be making an international vacation on my own this year (she's a terrified flier, and has to make a few extra non vacation flights this year, so she has no interest in making another long, international flight this year). 

Just now, skywindO2 said:

Any recommendations for someone looking to visit? Lesser known spots, less touristy, etc.

Downstairs bathroom is pristine. Beautiful art work as well as a wonderful waterfall(read sink).

Would recommend the back yard as well. Wonderful wildlife as well as a gorgeous view.

Lesser traveled spots would be the main bedroom. Looks as if only one person has been visiting there for years now. Library is up to date with so many amazing works over the years. As well as a decent fashion district in the walk in closet.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Glen said:

Downstairs bathroom is pristine. Beautiful art work as well as a wonderful waterfall(read sink).

Would recommend the back yard as well. Wonderful wildlife as well as a gorgeous view.

Lesser traveled spots would be the main bedroom. Looks as if only one person has been visiting there for years now. Library is up to date with so many amazing works over the years. As well as a decent fashion district in the walk in closet.

I heard there are some unseemly types that wander around though. Better steer clear.