The Travel Thread

We were supposed to go to Yosemite and Napa for our 10 year anniversary, but that obviously didn't happen. I'm thinking about planning a guys trip to the BWCA in September though. Totally isolated and off the grid, outdoors, and insanely beautiful.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

My family is taking our first vacation since 2012 and we were going to go to Oregon but obviously that isn’t an option anymore so we’re flipping to northwest coast area. Massachusetts/NY/Maine/VT/etc. We have 2 weeks to plan this now so do any of you have any ideas what points of interests or activities we should pursue over there?

3 hours ago, Ty21 said:

My family is taking our first vacation since 2012 and we were going to go to Oregon but obviously that isn’t an option anymore so we’re flipping to northwest coast area. Massachusetts/NY/Maine/VT/etc. We have 2 weeks to plan this now so do any of you have any ideas what points of interests or activities we should pursue over there?

My first thought is grab a map and learn east from west.

After that, the world is your oyster.

• Like 2

On 9/13/2020 at 12:59 PM, Ty21 said:

Go a little south to the Asheville/Hendersonville in western NC if you're into scenic mountain views, hiking and stuff. The Blue Ridge Mountains are really nice. Hendersonville is friendly small-town America at its finest.

Edited by Tetsujin
  • Like 1

• 1 year later...
1 hour ago, MikeT14 said:

I'll have 2+ days in San Diego in early June.

Congrats, And yes, you definitely want a car for the tour. Take a look at some of the things listed here and I'll offer some insight. One of them is the Sea Cave tours in La Jolla by kayak. Strongly recommend that one

https://www.tripadvisor.com/Attractions-g60750-Activities-San_Diego_California.html

Night life ? Gaslamp district downtown. Tons of bars/rest/clubs etc.
Beach scene: Pacific Beach is quintessential SoCal, including boardwalk, beach, bars and babes
Scenic: Torrey Pines State Park and the Glider Port. They offer tandem rides so if you wanna jump off a cliff and sail around its pretty awesome. Views are spectacular even without the glider/parasail
Harbor cruise - good way to see the downtown from the water, worth 1-2 hours for the booze cruise
Lots of golf courses of course

Let us know what you're interested in...

MG_2173.jpg&f=1&nofb=1

2 hours ago, Shanedorf said:

Congrats, And yes, you definitely want a car for the tour. Take a look at some of the things listed here and I'll offer some insight. One of them is the Sea Cave tours in La Jolla by kayak. Strongly recommend that one

https://www.tripadvisor.com/Attractions-g60750-Activities-San_Diego_California.html

Night life ? Gaslamp district downtown. Tons of bars/rest/clubs etc.
Beach scene: Pacific Beach is quintessential SoCal, including boardwalk, beach, bars and babes
Scenic: Torrey Pines State Park and the Glider Port. They offer tandem rides so if you wanna jump off a cliff and sail around its pretty awesome. Views are spectacular even without the glider/parasail
Harbor cruise - good way to see the downtown from the water, worth 1-2 hours for the booze cruise
Lots of golf courses of course

Let us know what you're interested in...

MG_2173.jpg&f=1&nofb=1

Perfect thanks. It’s my wife and I. We love exploring what new cities have to offer. Good food/restaurants always a huge plus. 

4 hours ago, MikeT14 said:

Good food/restaurants always a huge plus. 

In addition to the Gaslamp District downtown, there's also a popular area called Little Italy.
https://www.sandiego.org/explore/downtown-urban/little-italy.aspx

On your way south from LA, might want to check out the Del Mar Area, just a few minutes off freeway, awesome views, lots of nice restaurants, great beach (...but a little spendy)

This one is right on the beach, one of our favorites. Great spot for lunch

https://www.poseidonrestaurant.com/

Enjoy

• Like 1

Going to Mexico in April.  Boosted, may try to get another one by then since it'll be right at six months.  Hopefully Omicron will have died down a little by then.

Honeymoon a few months before the third anniversary is still, I guess, better than no honeymoon at all.

• Like 2

• 1 year later...