2018 Draft Eligible WR Thread

CalhounLambeau

On 10/4/2017 at 12:13 AM, justo said:

Anyone else feel like Courtland Sutton, Dante Pettis and Auden Tate are the three best receivers in CFB right now?

I don't think i've seen enough guys to comment on the whole, but i can definitely see Dante Pettis in the Top-3.

He's kinda irritating though.  Just oozes athletic ability and has so much twitch to win, changes direction with ease.  Plenty of length and a big catch radius for his size to win that way.  Seems to tracks balls well and adjust quickly, and when he's paying attention, outstanding hands and a really good understanding of how to position himself to win there too.  But there's a rawness there that sometimes just comes across as a bit of that "Diva WR" attitude.  Trying to show off, not sustaining blocks, concentration in/out, etc.  I'm not sure how much to attribute to just...hasn't been properly coached up.

The talent is great there though.  Could easily see that Top-3.

Strikes me as potentially sorta...OBJ junior-ish.

Who is the top deep threat in this draft?

Even if hes not on a Desean Jackson level is there anyone that would be the next Travis Benjamin somebody like that?

And not just a guy like Christian Kirk who may have speed but that actually deep ball threat who could go for a 50 yard bomb on any play 

1 hour ago, brownie man said:

Who is the top deep threat in this draft?

Even if hes not on a Desean Jackson level is there anyone that would be the next Travis Benjamin somebody like that?

And not just a guy like Christian Kirk who may have speed but that actually deep ball threat who could go for a 50 yard bomb on any play 

He hasn't shown a ton of production TD wise this year, but I've been watching a lot of DJ Chark lately. Something about him is so fun to watch, he just has another gear.

Not sure if anybody in this thread has talked about him (nothing came up on a search of this forum), but Darren Carrington II has the makings of top 60 prospect. Guy has always been a superb deep threat and looks blazing fast on film. He has kept it up at Utah and while he is a bit on the leaner side, the kid is right around 6'2" to go with probable 4.4 speed. Not to mention, his dad was a solid player in the league on the defensive side (made two Super Bowls as a regular). Oh, and his older sister played college basketball while his younger sister was a high school All-American and playing for Stanford now. 

We'll see how he tests but it was evident when he instantly made that Utah offense better that this guy is a legit talent for the next level.

3 hours ago, Da_Ducktator said:

Not sure if anybody in this thread has talked about him (nothing came up on a search of this forum), but Darren Carrington II has the makings of top 60 prospect. Guy has always been a superb deep threat and looks blazing fast on film. He has kept it up at Utah and while he is a bit on the leaner side, the kid is right around 6'2" to go with probable 4.4 speed. Not to mention, his dad was a solid player in the league on the defensive side (made two Super Bowls as a regular). Oh, and his older sister played college basketball while his younger sister was a high school All-American and playing for Stanford now. 

We'll see how he tests but it was evident when he instantly made that Utah offense better that this guy is a legit talent for the next level.

With his background I doubt anyone will trust him enough to take him top 60. He's an interesting guy on the field but his past is such a drag. 

On 10/25/2017 at 2:27 AM, Tugboat said:

I don't think i've seen enough guys to comment on the whole, but i can definitely see Dante Pettis in the Top-3.

He's kinda irritating though.  Just oozes athletic ability and has so much twitch to win, changes direction with ease.  Plenty of length and a big catch radius for his size to win that way.  Seems to tracks balls well and adjust quickly, and when he's paying attention, outstanding hands and a really good understanding of how to position himself to win there too.  But there's a rawness there that sometimes just comes across as a bit of that "Diva WR" attitude.  Trying to show off, not sustaining blocks, concentration in/out, etc.  I'm not sure how much to attribute to just...hasn't been properly coached up.

The talent is great there though.  Could easily see that Top-3.

Strikes me as potentially sorta...OBJ junior-ish.

This sounds an awful lot like his brother.

On 11/2/2017 at 7:30 PM, jrry32 said:

This sounds an awful lot like his brother.

Cousin?  Austin?  Yeah.  It's not helpful for the guy.

I think Dante has more twitch and quickness, which should be important.  Doesn't have the same big heavy frame at all.  But having that shadow cast...it definitely invites doubt.

On 11/3/2017 at 9:33 AM, GreenShore said:

Braxton Berrios needs to be a Patriot. One could say he was born to play with Brady.

Unfortunately I think he was born a little too late and he's played so well he may have played himself out of their range. They usually bring those guys in from FA and I think Edelman was the only one they drafted and he was a 6th/7th round pick. Don't worry, other teams are utilizing those players now - he'll find a nice home. 

Archived