2018 Draft Eligible WR Thread

CalhounLambeau

5 minutes ago, CalhounLambeau said:

59b346d5ef343.image.jpg?resize=1200,800

I feel this picture best epitomizes his build. 

Long legs, short arms, strong lower half. One of the strangest WR builds ever. 

He'll be a fun guy to project. People are all over on him. 

As I read this for some reason the name Mohamed Sanu popped up in my head. He's like a shorter armed/smaller handed version, with more speed perhaps.

Huh. I guess they're nothing the same lol

9 minutes ago, CalhounLambeau said:

Serious question...what are the odds that he could be converted to a running back at the next level? Could he project well there? 

3 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

Ok cool dude thanks. I’ll trust your truly unbiased analysis. Boomer Sooner baby.

I mean, I'm more than willing to discuss him.  What exactly is appealing about him?  I mean, I'd say 90% of the routes he runs are post routes and he's good at that.  I'll give him that.  But he doesn't really run a very diverse route tree, which is a knock on the Oklahoma State offense.  The other 10% are generally out routes, which he doesn't really display much in terms of YAC.  And he's built weirdly.  He's stocky in the upper body, but long in the legs.  It's like his torso didn't develop similarly to his lower body.  He's not a huge RZ threat given his average height.  There just isn't anything that's really there that's overly appealing.  He's a good prospect, but this talk about him being a 1st or even 2nd round pick is getting out of hand.

Aside from his mentality, which everyone should love, he’s got explosive speed with good fast twitch ability, solid ability to high point a football with incredible hand strength. He runs a poor route tree based upon college system, but so does just about any spread system wide receiver. He may be built weird but I’m betting on him. He’s shown great run after catch ability and comes down with a lot of 50-50 balls. He’s also the Anti-Diva. If he can learn how to run intermediate routes he will be the real deal.

2 hours ago, CalhounLambeau said:

c087d99900e051863dfc759fb6b25194--deadpo

As will all the defensive backs,,,

6 hours ago, CalhounLambeau said:

Where is his neck?  Long legs and the rest of him is like squished.

1 minute ago, Sugashane said:

Where would you guys place Darnold if he was in the same draft as the 2017 QBs? 

Predraft I had

Trubisky

Watson

Mahomes 

Kizer

I'd have him between Mahomes and Kizer. 

This is the WR thread.

But has Paris Campbell wore his uniform this way all year.

10 hours ago, MWil23 said:

Aside from his mentality, which everyone should love, he’s got explosive speed with good fast twitch ability, solid ability to high point a football with incredible hand strength. He runs a poor route tree based upon college system, but so does just about any spread system wide receiver. He may be built weird but I’m betting on him. He’s shown great run after catch ability and comes down with a lot of 50-50 balls. He’s also the Anti-Diva. If he can learn how to run intermediate routes he will be the real deal.

He runs a poor route tree because legitimately 90% of the routes he ran in college were post routes, which we've already both established he's good at.  The problem is he hasn't displayed any ability to do any other route than that at a high level.  He's shown the ability to have a solid, but unspectacular out route.  You're projecting his entire route running, and understanding the route tree.  I'd take a guy whose a more refined route runner, especially when he's not an overly explosive athlete.  I've seen mid-to-low 4.4's projected for him, which isn't anything crazy.  And he's not real strong YAC, and I'd suspect you don't really have any video to support that.  Maybe I missed the videos, but when he's trying to create YAC it consists of him lowering his shoulder and trying to run over the defender.  That's not really going to generate much in terms of YAC.  And I'd ask you to find video of him winning 50/50 balls, because most of his routes in college don't really create this opportunity.

Archived