2018 Draft Eligible WR Thread

CalhounLambeau

5 minutes ago, kris_kapsner said:

I agree that the top end of this WR class is not exciting.  Courtland Sutton does have a high potential ceiling, but he's not nearly as "can't miss" as many other #1 WR's in a draft class.

Well the #1 can't miss in this class isn't Sutton, it's Ridley.

3 hours ago, AlNFL19 said:

I haven't really looked at the WRs in this class yet. Who's the best at getting separation?

Calvin Ridley.

Deon Cain.

Antonio Callaway.

Dante Pettis.

And actually, for as overrated as he is, Equanimeous St. Brown. He's got great speed and runs pretty good routes. I just hate his lack of physicality and his crackhead build.

1 hour ago, BleedTheClock said:

Calvin Ridley.

Deon Cain.

Antonio Callaway.

Dante Pettis.

And actually, for as overrated as he is, Equanimeous St. Brown. He's got great speed and runs pretty good routes. I just hate his lack of physicality and his crackhead build.

Thanks I'll look at those guys first. Separation is the number one thing I value in a receiver, to be honest.

On 2/8/2018 at 2:04 PM, Jlash said:

Well the #1 can't miss in this class isn't Sutton, it's Ridley.

Ridley is very safe...but not exciting at all.  He's going to be a solid NFL player an should have a very nice career.  But he isn't going to be a WR1.   At least I don't see that in him when I watch him.  He'll be a 1st round draft pick in the NFL draft.  But, as a fantasy player his ceiling is as a WR2 in PPR leagues in my opinion.  And that's his ceiling.  I think it's likely he won't produce top 25 WR numbers in the NFL.

8 minutes ago, kris_kapsner said:

Ridley is very safe...but not exciting at all.  He's going to be a solid NFL player an should have a very nice career.  But he isn't going to be a WR1.   At least I don't see that in him when I watch him.  He'll be a 1st round draft pick in the NFL draft.  But, as a fantasy player his ceiling is as a WR2 in PPR leagues in my opinion.  And that's his ceiling.  I think it's likely he won't produce top 25 WR numbers in the NFL.

Ridley has the deep speed to become a #1 receiver though. He doesn't have great size, but he's not a pipsqueak. I don't expect him to reach this plateau because his hands aren't as sticky, but he has a lot of the same traits that Marvin Harrison won with. He'll be a solid #1 and an elite #2 in my eyes.

On 2/10/2018 at 3:13 AM, goldfishwars said:

Okay, watching DJ Moore made me feel happier about this class. 

Same here.  After watching some more film I think this class is not as bad as advertised.  The guys getting top end hype are not good.  But there's good depth.

Here are my top 10 thus far:

1. Antonio Callaway (Florida) - only surefire stud IMO
  2. Equanimeous St. Brown (Notre Dame)
  3. Michael Gallup (Colorado St.)
  4. Anthony Miller (Memphis)
  5. DJ Moore (Maryland)
  6. Deon Cain (Clemson)
  7. James Washington (Oklahoma St.)
  8. Christian Kirk (Texas A&M)
  9. Calvin Ridley (Alabama)
  10. Auden Tate (FSU)

Archived