2018 Draft Eligible WR Thread

CalhounLambeau

Ishmael seems to have good physicality and solid hands.  Fiery competitor.  Doesn't look to be particularly explosive though.  Needs to time well, but I think he could latch on to the back end of a receiving corps for a NFL team.

15 hours ago, MD4L said:

People have **** on receivers in this draft and I disagree with that sentiment quite a bit. Some ballers if you scout hard enough.

You can scout as hard as you want, if the talents aren't there...they're not there.  Scouting harder doesn't manufacture talent.  That said...

14 hours ago, BleedTheClock said:

I don't think people hate the depth. There are a plethora of #2-#3 type WR's in this draft. It's just devoid of star power and that is pretty undeniable if you look at the top. Calvin Ridley is the only WR I think deserves to go in the 1st round.

When looking ahead to what is likely to be available AFTER round 4, it's insane. You could find your #2, 3, 4, 5, and 6 WR spots all between rounds 5-7 this year.

Absolutely this.  I think the sheer volume of interesting talents in this draft is very solid.  A lot of teams are going to fill out there depth charts with guys who will stick around and contribute in their roles.  It's just the lack of any prototype at the top, and just a lack of bluechip #1WR prospects that has people a bit down on the class as a whole.  Can't just take the top off a class and ignore it, but you don't have to dig that deep to find guys who could become really solid #2/3 starters and niche players.

On 2/16/2018 at 12:03 PM, MD4L said:

People have **** on receivers in this draft and I disagree with that sentiment quite a bit. Some ballers if you scout hard enough.

Nobody is saying there isn't talent, we're just saying there's no high-end talent.

On 2/17/2018 at 2:10 AM, Tugboat said:

You can scout as hard as you want, if the talents aren't there...they're not there.  Scouting harder doesn't manufacture talent.  That said...

But it does allow you to find gems. The best WR in the NFL was drafted in what round? ;)

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, mitch_connor said:

So Gesicki profiles as a pretty respectable athlete LOL

That wasn't hard to see coming.  Dude is a great athlete.  He's going to be a mismatch nightmare.  Not a good blocker, but that can be worked around in today's offenses.  Same with Mark Andrews, not the best blocker as of now but will create problems for defenders.

44 minutes ago, goldfishwars said:

If you’re an analytics guy, Calvin Ridley has himself a bad day.

I doubt anyone is worried about Ridley because he didn't jump well. His 40 time and 3CD were exactly what you'd expect based on his tape. That's how he wins (with speed, burst, quickness, and CoD skills).

36 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

I doubt anyone is worried about Ridley because he didn't jump well. His 40 time and 3CD were exactly what you'd expect based on his tape. That's how he wins (with speed, burst, quickness, and CoD skills).

Looked awesome in drills.

Archived