2018 Draft Eligible WR Thread

CalhounLambeau

2 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

Chad Johnson wasnt technically sound. He thrived in Cincy because he was unorthodox, and he failed in NE for the same reasons.

Maybe unorthodox, but technically sound footwork. Antonio Brown trained with Chad Johnson earlier this year to get his footwork up to par.

http://www.steelersdepot.com/2018/01/video-antonio-brown-back-running-routes-florida-chad-johnson/

3 hours ago, Broncofan said:

You guys are depressing me with all the Anthony Miler hype.  One of my favorites at 3.8.  Given his athleticism won’t stand out I was really hoping he’d fall that far.  I blame Cooper Kupp for this trend.  

Of course his lack of super-athletic profile probably eliminates him from Elway’s Day 2 draft list.  

Miller is one of my favorite prospects, but I think he might drop a touch given how little he's been able to show in order separate from others in such an even class. I wouldn't be shocked to see him in the 3rd round. 

53 minutes ago, goldfishwars said:

Miller is one of my favorite prospects, but I think he might drop a touch given how little he's been able to show in order separate from others in such an even class. I wouldn't be shocked to see him in the 3rd round. 

I would be shocked to see him in round 3. This isn't a solid WR draft year, but he is #5 on Mayock's list after the combine, that will be good enough to make him a 2nd rounder, because teams will be desperate to find any receivers worth drafting.

1 hour ago, DoleINGout said:

Maybe unorthodox, but technically sound footwork. Antonio Brown trained with Chad Johnson earlier this year to get his footwork up to par.

http://www.steelersdepot.com/2018/01/video-antonio-brown-back-running-routes-florida-chad-johnson/

Chad had beautiful footwork and very agile feet, but I wouldn't call him technically sound. Brown is a bit unorthodox too, but he's less of a freelancer. Also, Brown doesn't have to train with anyone to get his footwork up to par. It's already way above par. ;)

Just now, BleedTheClock said:

Chad Johnson was an excellent route runner. How did he win if not for his route running and sharp cuts?

Chad Johnson's proficiency as a route runner depends on the scheme. In a scheme that allows him to use his creativity, he was excellent. In a scheme that demands precision, he was not.

3 hours ago, jrry32 said:

Chad had beautiful footwork and very agile feet, but I wouldn't call him technically sound. Brown is a bit unorthodox too, but he's less of a freelancer. Also, Brown doesn't have to train with anyone to get his footwork up to par. It's already way above par. ;)

I meant it in the sense that Brown had been limited by a calf injury and took the time with Chad Johnson to get quickly into peak form.

13 hours ago, Iamcanadian said:

I would be shocked to see him in round 3. This isn't a solid WR draft year, but he is #5 on Mayock's list after the combine, that will be good enough to make him a 2nd rounder, because teams will be desperate to find any receivers worth drafting.

I'm keeping him as a 2nd rounder.. as if that means a thing.. and I suspect scouts will too. The Combine/Pro Days/etc are fun and help inform, but watching them actually play in games is the best info available. Miller's tape won't be overlooked, imho. 

to clarify: I see him as a 2nd round talent that could easily slip to the early 3rd. 4th best WR in this class.. but if only 1 goes rd 1 and 2 wideouts get selected 2nd round? well there ya have it.. early 3rd rd. 

On 3/19/2018 at 11:57 AM, DoleINGout said:

To me the best value and most underrated receiver is Byron Pringle of Kansas State. Stud. Zero hype.

Imo, the best value is Callaway. If he doesn't continue to act like an idiot, he'll be a top 10 WR.

2 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

Imo, the best value is Callaway. If he doesn't continue to act like an idiot, he'll be a top 10 WR.

Let’s face it if it was just talent he’d be the top WR this draft.   He just has nuclear level idiocy risk.  

https://twitter.com/psubst/status/976215955150917633

Lightly used at Penn State, had a couple off field issues (that wouldn't concern me in the NFL) and a broken thumb at one point.  Had a really strong finish to the 2016 season, but struggled to get targets behind Hamilton/Barkley/Gesicki and Juwan Johnson.

He's definitely one of those guys that could come out of nowhere in the NFL

6 hours ago, jrry32 said:

Antonio Callaway reminds me of Odell Beckham Jr. except not as dynamic. I don't think his talent is high enough to say he would be a surefire top 10 receiver.

49 minutes ago, DoleINGout said:

Antonio Callaway reminds me of Odell Beckham Jr. except not as dynamic. I don't think his talent is high enough to say he would be a surefire top 10 receiver.

His talent is more than high enough. His head has always been the problem. I wouldn't compare him to OBJ, though. He's more similar to Brandin Cooks.

Archived