2018 Draft Eligible WR Thread

CalhounLambeau

7 hours ago, jrry32 said:

I'm interested in seeing how Anthony Miller does at his Pro Day. His film really stood out to me. He could be the Cooper Kupp or Juju of this class.

Great player, with a real knack for setting up DBs with his routes. He strikes me as having very good control of his body and understanding of how to position himself with it. He's older though I think, which might knock him down a bit.

I'd love to see the Browns come up from 64 to grab him. Think he could work well opposite Gordon, whilst allowing Landry and Njoku to work with less clutter in the intermediate and middle of the field.

What's the book on DJ Chark? The more I watch him, the more I like him. Again, for the Browns, his pure speed and field stretching ability opposite Flash (hopefully) could be fantastic. I notice in his tape that he is often the only player running a route, or at least the only player on his side of the field doing so. Usually some variation of a deep route against a crowded coverage. His QB, Etling... he is supposed to have been terrible too, right?

I love how he turned up at the Senior Bowl and shredded it. 

Is Martavis Bryant a good comp? Would be interesting to hear some opinions on him.

8 hours ago, jrry32 said:

I'm interested in seeing how Anthony Miller does at his Pro Day. His film really stood out to me. He could be the Cooper Kupp or Juju of this class.

VERY interested. Is it at all for sure that he will be ready and able to perform then? (Apr 6)

13 minutes ago, Aztec Hammer said:

What's the book on DJ Chark? The more I watch him, the more I like him. Again, for the Browns, his pure speed and field stretching ability opposite Flash (hopefully) could be fantastic. I notice in his tape that he is often the only player running a route, or at least the only player on his side of the field doing so. Usually some variation of a deep route against a crowded coverage. His QB, Etling... he is supposed to have been terrible too, right?

I love how he turned up at the Senior Bowl and shredded it. 

Is Martavis Bryant a good comp? Would be interesting to hear some opinions on him.

Playcalling, poor pass pro OL, and less than stellar QB play was a lethal combo to Chark's production. 

He's a proven deep speed threat, but he's no 1 trick pony. Just needs refinement on some other things. He is not the best 50/50 jump ball contender. He needs some work expanding on routes. Has good, not great hands. Has the work ethic to believe he will improve on all his weaker areas... but as is, he's going to be a good starting QB. It's going to be interesting to see where he gets selected in this class. Could surprise many by being a 1st rd pick.. or some team could end up with a steal late on day 2. 

1 hour ago, oldman9er said:

VERY interested. Is it at all for sure that he will be ready and able to perform then? (Apr 6)

I don't know, unfortunately.

1 hour ago, Broncofan said:

In a vacuum at their draft time yes.  Juju being younger probably factors in though.   Even before hindsight kicks in. 

I'd still take both guys. They have the sort of skill-sets and nuanced route running that could make them nearly impossible to cover as they learn the pro game.

4 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

I don't know, unfortunately.

I'd still take both guys. They have the sort of skill-sets and nuanced route running that could make them nearly impossible to cover as they learn the pro game.

Yeah, don't get me wrong - I love all 3 guys.  I just think JuJu got dinged for being less refined in his route running, when he was just a baby.  Now, I love Kupp and Gonzalez's game.   If you want a pure slot guy, they're deadly IMO.  JuJu has more outside game, but in the slot, give me those other 2.   Especially as I think those types get devalued more (although Kupp has done a good job to change people's thinking).

Archived