LeBron James to the Lakers 4 Years/$154M

brownie man

21 hours ago, BleedTheClock said:

You’re right. The Lakers are gonna win the title this year and evey year for the forseeable future. Only question is...who’s winning the MVP? Lonzo Ball or a completely new and revamped LeBron James? Done conversing with u. Enjoy your titles. 

Clearly that's what I was going for.  Nobody is unseating the Warriors this year.  We've seen the attempt to surround LeBron with a crap ton of shooters.  It didn't work for Cleveland, and there's no real reason to believe that it's suddenly going to work with the Cavaliers.  Instead, they surrounded him by playmakers and defenders so we will see how it works with the Lakers.  We saw Cleveland throw a bunch of defenders at the Warriors with a surprising amount of success.

So REALISTICALLY, how many titles LeBron will win with the Lakers? 

My guess is none. Best case scenario is one. Nothing tells me the Warriors will disband any time soon. Heck Cousins could take the MLE again in 2019 then get a big deal in 2020 to stay long term in GS. The Celtics isn’t going anywhere soon. Even if they lose Irving, they still have a deep talented team. So the way I see it, at least for the length of LeBron contract which is 4yrs, the Warriors and Celtics will be winning the titles. 

8 hours ago, stl4life07 said:

My guess is none. Best case scenario is one. Nothing tells me the Warriors will disband any time soon. Heck Cousins could take the MLE again in 2019 then get a big deal in 2020 to stay long term in GS. The Celtics isn’t going anywhere soon. Even if they lose Irving, they still have a deep talented team. So the way I see it, at least for the length of LeBron contract which is 4yrs, the Warriors and Celtics will be winning the titles. 

2 titles is my best guess. Next year they will sign either Klay or Kawhi. They will potentially win one next year and/or year after that. Once LeBron finishes out this deal he will be 38 years old with 5 rings. He may go back to just signing one year deals with contenders or finish out in Cleveland as a novelty. Most great players flame out and it's ugly to watch (Shaq, Kobe, Jordan, Barkley), I really hope that doesn't happen to Lebron. but if he is holding on for his son to arrive we may see it.

I don't think the Lakers are getting Klay. They have a better chance of getting KD, but that is doubtful as well. Think KD leaves in 2020, and it will be for a team like the Knicks. Helping LeBron get rings doesn't make sense for him. But if he was able to get a ring in NY? Dude will be a GAWD. 

But predicting LeBron get two rings is a bit too much IMO. A lot can change like the Warriors breaking up their core, but then you will still have a beast in Boston and an emerging beast in Philly to go through along with the West. If they get Kawhi this year and are able to re-sign him, which shouldn't be a problem, then I see him getting one. Possibly two, but that's a tough bet to make. LeBron is at that stage where he can suffer a Kobe type of injury due to the mileage at any point. So yeah, I'll go with one. 

1 hour ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

I don't think the Lakers are getting Klay. They have a better chance of getting KD, but that is doubtful as well. Think KD leaves in 2020, and it will be for a team like the Knicks. Helping LeBron get rings doesn't make sense for him. But if he was able to get a ring in NY? Dude will be a GAWD. 

But predicting LeBron get two rings is a bit too much IMO. A lot can change like the Warriors breaking up their core, but then you will still have a beast in Boston and an emerging beast in Philly to go through along with the West. If they get Kawhi this year and are able to re-sign him, which shouldn't be a problem, then I see him getting one. Possibly two, but that's a tough bet to make. LeBron is at that stage where he can suffer a Kobe type of injury due to the mileage at any point. So yeah, I'll go with one. 

The Klay thing needs to stop. People are trying to draw connections because his DAD played and works for Lakers. It’s silly. Klay isn’t leaving. KD isn’t joining the same team as Bron. I don’t see that happening at all 

Just now, Kip Smithers said:

The Klay thing needs to stop. People are trying to draw connections because his DAD played and works for Lakers. It’s silly. Klay isn’t leaving. KD isn’t joining the same team as Bron. I don’t see that happening at all 

I mean if Klay does join the Lakers, it will be after his next contract.

KD doesn't have the same attachment to the Warriors as the original big three of the team. He's here for simply championships and then he will bounce for another challenge. Knicks is what I'm predicting right now, but may even do a LeBron and go back to OKC.....That is if Westbrook allows it lol.

11 hours ago, stl4life07 said:

Based off rosters right now?  None.  After next offseason?  That remains to be seen.  We're talking about a completely different situation if Golden State sees either Klay Thompson or Kevin Durant leave next offseason, and I'm not talking necessarily about one of them signing with the Lakers.

15 minutes ago, showtime said:

In the words of Drake, “I got fake people showing me fake love straight up to my face”. If LeBron know the Lakers can get another superstar by trading Ingram this second he would give them the green light to pull the trigger quickly. 

Lakers should just wait for Kawhi next summer. See what you have right now in these youngsters and then upgrade if necessary. Hart, Ingram, and Kuzma are going to be good players in this league. I’d probably trade Ingram and a pick for Leonard but I’m keeping those role players if I’m Magic.

13 minutes ago, indifference said:

Lakers should just wait for Kawhi next summer. See what you have right now in these youngsters and then upgrade if necessary. Hart, Ingram, and Kuzma are going to be good players in this league. I’d probably trade Ingram and a pick for Leonard but I’m keeping those role players if I’m Magic.

I think that's the Lakers' stance.  I don't think they have any real desire to go anywhere near what the Spurs are wanting.

Windhorst said the Lakers and 76ers have basically given up on getting Kawhi and that's why the Raptors are in the drivers seat. But I were them, I'd absolutely get rid of Ingram and picks for Kawhi. You don't really need Ingram if you have Kawhi. 

Ball/Hart/Kawhi/Kuzma/LeBron is a lethal line up on both ends. Ingram may be overkill if you have Kawhi and LeBron already to go along with the other youngsters. 

Archived