LeBron James to the Lakers 4 Years/$154M

brownie man

There’s no chance they beat the warriors this year. The only chance they have is if trade for a established superstar talent, pull of a trade for an on the cusp PG/SG, and 2 bonafide shooters. You need some one who can out hussle Green. Someone to guard KD and someone to irritate Steph. Let Lebron run around with Klay. Here’s what I would do. Forget Leonard I don’t think Pops going to let that happen. 

Trade Lonzo + whatever to get Kemba Walker. You got the Kupchek connection  

Trade Ingram,Kuzma, and picks for Anthony Davis. This would be difficult but I can see them moving him for the right package. 

Then see if you can get Danny green away from the spurs for Wagner. You might have to take on Gasols contract put whatever. Another option is Beverley 

That would give you a legit chance to compete with the warriors.

you can also go for Mccullum and Bledsoe for a lesser package if you want. 

1 hour ago, bosko1616 said:

lmao no thanks

1 hour ago, bosko1616 said:

Trade Ingram,Kuzma, and picks for Anthony Davis. This would be difficult but I can see them moving him for the right package. 

there is no way they are trading davis and especially not for that package lol

12 hours ago, seminoles1 said:

The same reason Houston is paying Anderson $20+ million the next couple season.

Anderson can actually play tho. Those were some next leveling crippling moves. Had to salary dump a #2 overall pick. Didn't matter though, bc LA 

KCP getting a cut of the pie for being LeBron's mole for a year. 

3 hours ago, bosko1616 said:

There’s no chance they beat the warriors this year. The only chance they have is if trade for a established superstar talent, pull of a trade for an on the cusp PG/SG, and 2 bonafide shooters. You need some one who can out hussle Green. Someone to guard KD and someone to irritate Steph. Let Lebron run around with Klay. Here’s what I would do. Forget Leonard I don’t think Pops going to let that happen. 

Then see if you can get Danny green away from the spurs for Wagner. You might have to take on Gasols contract put whatever. Another option is Beverley 

There's no realistic way to create a roster better than the Warriors this year.  Probably not even better than the Rockets tbh.

No to Lonzo for Kemba.  I'm not trading arguably the better fit at PG for the right pay Kemba 30M+ next year.  No thanks.  The only way I'd even consider that is if it allowed the Lakers to dump Luol Deng on them, and that's not happening.  Pelicans aren't dealing Anthony Davis at all.  None of this is based in reality as far as I'm concerned.

So I thought LeBron would sign a 1+1 type deal with pressure on the Lakers to get a star or two. But the 4 year deal let's the Lakers play it out and not burn their assets. This looks like a decision that was really influenced by his family and being close to his son playing HS ball. Can't hate on that, though I am surprised he did the long term deal. I mean it sucks as a fan of another team in the West, but it's a good situation for LeBron. If they don't get another star this offseason and stand pat they are probably a lock to make the playoffs but definitely not a true threat.

The moves they made after signing Bron though.....I mean, yuck. Why? I thought LeBron wanted high IQ guys? Using cap space on KCP is a little surprising but he's fine I guess.

2 minutes ago, champ11 said:

So I thought LeBron would sign a 1+1 type deal with pressure on the Lakers to get a star or two. But the 4 year deal let's the Lakers play it out and not burn their assets. This looks like a decision that was really influenced by his family and being close to his son playing HS ball. Can't hate on that, though I am surprised he did the long term deal. I mean it sucks as a fan of another team in the West, but it's a good situation for LeBron. If they don't get another star this offseason and stand pat they are probably a lock to make the playoffs but definitely not a true threat.

The moves they made after signing Bron though.....I mean, yuck. Why? I thought LeBron wanted high IQ guys? Using cap space on KCP is a little surprising but he's fine I guess.

They're keeping up that max cap space next offseason.  Next offseason, we have Kyrie Irving, Kemba Walker, Klay Thompson, Jimmy Butler, and Kawhi Loenard set to become FA.  They're going to be a very attractive destination especially if our young core continues to develop.

27 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

They're keeping up that max cap space next offseason.  Next offseason, we have Kyrie Irving, Kemba Walker, Klay Thompson, Jimmy Butler, and Kawhi Loenard set to become FA.  They're going to be a very attractive destination especially if our young core continues to develop.

Well yeah. It just sucks to have to watch LeBron with these scrubs. I was so sick of doing that in Cleveland. Just pretty odd decisions with Lance and JaVale but w/e it doesn't really matter.

35 minutes ago, champ11 said:

Indeed, and not like they addressed one of their biggest issues which is shooting. Luke Walton talked about all year how the team lacked shooting which was holding the team back, and so far nothing has changed there. 

2 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Indeed, and not like they addressed one of their biggest issues which is shooting. Luke Walton talked about all year how the team lacked shooting which was holding the team back, and so far nothing has changed there. 

We signed LeBron. Let's add a sub 30% 3PT shooting guard! I mean, seriously, wtf. Who the hell is signing off on that. 

17 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

The Lance signing makes no sense. 

4 hours ago, bosko1616 said:

Those are some of the most unrealistic trade proposals I've ever seen.

17 minutes ago, champ11 said:

We signed LeBron. Let's add a sub 30% 3PT shooting guard! I mean, seriously, wtf. Who the hell is signing off on that. 

What kind of role do you envision Lance Stephenson playing?  Last year, Lonzo averaged 34 MPG, KCP averaged 33 MPG.  Even if you exclude Josh Hart from the equation, we're talking about a maximum of 29 MPG.  Figure in that Hart will get SG minutes, and you're probably getting something around 20 MPG from Stephenson max.  Is it ideal?  No.  Find me a 3&D PG/SG whose going to take a 1 year deal.

2 minutes ago, seminoles1 said:

The Lance signing makes no sense. 

It's not ideal, but it makes sense.  They're bringing him off the bench to be that defensive irritant.  He's not going to handle the ball much at all, because we're going to have at least one of Lonzo, Ingram, or LeBron on the court at all times.  He's literally brought in to irritate the opposing teams' best wing player.

Archived