LeBron James to the Lakers 4 Years/$154M

brownie man

1 minute ago, DalCowboyzRule said:

So 5/6 chips will be going to GS before anyone else has a chance. Awesome.

It's okay, the Suns need time to become a powerhouse. Soon Booker/Jackson/Ayton/Bridges will be running the West....

Alright so, LeBron signed a four year deal which was kind of surprising to some people.  And then there's this:

I think LeBron has full confidence in Jeanie Buss, RP and Magic that they are all very committed to winning and they have a very sure fire plan in place.

10 minutes ago, showtime said:

Alright so, LeBron signed a four year deal which was kind of surprising to some people.  And then there's this:

I think LeBron has full confidence in Jeanie Buss, RP and Magic that they are all very committed to winning and they have a very sure fire plan in place.

I think it's a combination of a few things. 

1. It's LA, and the Lakers. Attracting good free agents to sign there can essentially sell itself

2. I think LeBron taught, and learned valuable lessons from the Cavs front office/ownership mistakes. Some will say he held them "hostage", and I'll agree that he didn't make it easy at times, but its bad business to take on so many long term contracts, especially when it comes to non-premium players. If the Lakers can keep the young talent intact (minus Lonzo who I still think gets moved), and keep signing vets to one year deals, Then Kawhi signs next season without costing them anything. Cleveland was never going to get that chance. Not only was Cleveland not going to attract Kawhi, no matter what we did, we were going to be in cap hell and not have room anyways. 

3. I still think he intends to finish his career as a Cav. If we do the smart basketball thing and trade Love and a couple of those veteran team friendly small guaranteed contracts this year, we can keep Atl from getting our first round pick the next couple of years, develop some young talent, and have the space needed to bring him back for his career culmination. 

4. Perhaps Brown doesnt come back to finish his career and watches Gilbert's franchise value tank, then buys the team from him. 

Just now, PapaShogun said:

Silence. 

It's going to happen. He's not staying here for the long run. Dude came here to win some rings and will leave with three or four. Folks could hate on him for the move, but years from now that will be a big part of his resume'. I wonder if he tries to go back to OKC or a big market team like the Knicks? 

Just now, J-ALL-DAY said:

It's going to happen. He's not staying here for the long run. Dude came here to win some rings and will leave with three or four. Folks could hate on him for the move, but years from now that will be a big part of his resume'. I wonder if he tries to go back to OKC or a big market team like the Knicks? 

Maybe. Might just like the culture and bay area enough to stay longer. Regardless, he helped the Warriors win two rings. If he left tomorrow, it would sting, but I wouldn't be that upset over it. 

6 minutes ago, PapaShogun said:

Maybe. Might just like the culture and bay area enough to stay longer. Regardless, he helped the Warriors win two rings. If he left tomorrow, it would sting, but I wouldn't be that upset over it. 

Of course. And deep down it hurts him a little how the fan base will never love him like they do Steph. That's why his next move has to be big. NY or return to OKC and win them a ring… though folks will just say he's trying to be like LBJ lol.

2 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Of course. And deep down it hurts him a little how the fan base will never love him like they do Steph. That's why his next move has to be big. NY or return to OKC and win them a ring… though folks will just say he's trying to be like LBJ lol.

Wouldn't he have to go home to DC to do that? LOL

Archived