Cam Newton vs Michael Vick

Kiwibrown

Cam vs Vick  

56 members have voted

1. 1. Cam vs Vick

If you could have one to be the QB of your team who would you take? 

Both went no.1 overall and have immense talent as both a thrower and a especially as a runner. Both have set multiple records at the QB position and have played it at a level and style like no other before them. Both have been one of the most dominant players in the NFL at their peak. 

Neither have been able to carry their teams solely on their passing games alone either. 

both could of excelled at other positions also if hey had wanted too. 

1 hour ago, Kiwibrown said:

Both went no.1 overall and have immense talent as both a thrower and a especially as a runner. Both have set multiple records at the QB position and have played it at a level and style like no other before them. Both have been one of the most dominant players in the NFL at their peak. 

Neither have been able to carry their teams solely on their passing games alone either. 

Did we ever say that about Vick? Other than maybe his 1 great year in Philly?

11 minutes ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

He had talent id say as a thrower, accuracy and power. He lacked consistency perhaps.  

Vick. Despite playing in a passer friendly era his entire career and with much better defenses + equal receiving options; Cam's only been marginally more efficient outside of 2015. Vick was the better runner as well. 

Daunte "small hands" Culpepper > both

4 hours ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

Vick had arguably the strongest arm of all time. 

That being said, I'm going with Newton. 

Vick, prime. 

Newton, career. 

Both are inconsistent but Newton’s more consistent as a passer than Vick was, year to year. If I could have Philly Vick (1st season) reliably, it’s him easily.

7 hours ago, Crickett said:

Vick had arguably the strongest arm of all time. 

That being said, I'm going with Newton. 

Strongest, sure but we've already had the arm strength discussion for years. A strong arm doesnt make you a great passer. Thats all i'm saying

20 hours ago, Kiwibrown said:

That's news to me.  Cam's a much better thrower than Vick, but I would never describe him as 'immensely talented' in that department.  Both are sub 60% passers, and that's a nice way of saying it...

Cam had 1 great season as a passer and a couple ok seasons.  Vick had 1 solid passing season and a couple above average ones.  Neither have ever been one of the most dominant players in the league;  It looked like Cam was trending that way, but after a pair of turd seasons, I struggle to even label him average. 

And I'd love to know what other positions they'd excel, if they wanted.

2 hours ago, frenchie said:

That's news to me.  Cam's a much better thrower than Vick, but I would never describe him as 'immensely talented' in that department.  Both are sub 60% passers, and that's a nice way of saying it...

Cam had 1 great season as a passer and a couple ok seasons.  Vick had 1 solid passing season and a couple above average ones.  Neither have ever been one of the most dominant players in the league;  It looked like Cam was trending that way, but after a pair of turd seasons, I struggle to even label him average. 

And I'd love to know what other positions they'd excel, if they wanted.

“Neither have ever been one of the most dominant players in the league”.

This is absurd. They basically had to create new defenses to stop Vick. He beat the Packers, in Green Bay during the playoffs back when basically nobody beat them in Green Bay. For a stretch, Vick was dominant. 

Cam Newton.  Newton is a better passer, protects the ball better, and any threat of Vick's speed is minimized by Cam's mix of speed and strength that makes him just as or more difficult to stop from running. 

Archived