Kawhi Leonard Traded to Toronto for DeMar DeRozan

J-ALL-DAY

8 minutes ago, PapaShogun said:

I mean, they aren't going to win though.

And they would have won with Derozan? They sure have a better chance now. Also, you make Kawhi go to his third team in three years. Like the Raptors can't lose with this trade….. Unless Kawhi makes a complete mess of the situation and doesn't even report. 

6 minutes ago, PapaShogun said:

Dang trade the GOAT Raptor that has embraced the city for a malcontent that doesn't want to even be there, and is gone in a year. Hopefully KL doesn't pull a Vince Carter. He won't if he wants his money, but it would be funny.

It's a business, man.  Not everything is all sunshine and rainbows all the time.

This has to be one of the best case scenarios for the Lakers, right?  The chances that Kawhi re-signs with the Raptors has to be close to zero, Drake recruitment pitches and all.  Lakers are much more likely to get him for nothing next year than if he had gone to Philly, Boston, or LAC.

11 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

And they would have won with Derozan? They sure have a better chance now. Also, you make Kawhi go to his third team in three years. Like the Raptors can't lose with this trade….. Unless Kawhi makes a complete mess of the situation and doesn't even report. 

You'd have two years without James in the east to at least get to the Finals. Leonard or not, they aren't winning though.

4 minutes ago, seminoles1 said:

It's a business, man.  Not everything is all sunshine and rainbows all the time.

Oh I know. But still. Cutthroat. Oh well. Hopefully this doesn't effect Toronto getting top free agents. 

Murray/Mills/White

Derozan/Bellineli/Ginobili/Walker

Gay

Aldridge/Bertans/Metu 

Gasol/Lauvergne

Not bad I guess. They got to 47 wins with basically this same roster. I’d say adding Derozan and Bellinelli gets them another 6-8 wins. 

7 minutes ago, iLikeDefense said:

Terrible deal for SA. I like this deal for Toronto. Ujiri had to swing for a deal like this. I’ve always liked him since his time in Denver.

I don’t get why people think is so bad for SA. They had 0 leverage and get an all star in the middle of his prime who’s game is probably going to become even better playing in a great system. What makes you not like it?

9 minutes ago, HTTRG3Dynasty said:

This has to be one of the best case scenarios for the Lakers, right?  The chances that Kawhi re-signs with the Raptors has to be close to zero, Drake recruitment pitches and all.  Lakers are much more likely to get him for nothing next year than if he had gone to Philly, Boston, or LAC.

Who knows maybe he likes being the star athlete for an entire nation, where he be #2 in LA. Star of Canada, better chance of long term winning because he has younger talent to work with, can set the offense to his style and not Lebrons. He might not want to be #2 to a very strong #1.

so who knows. I like the Raptors chances next year in the east. 

Just crazy that the Cavs couldn’t get that trade done with the #8 overall pick. Maybe they knew Lebron was gone this offseason so never tried to make the deal. 

Not that I necessarily believed it but I do love the instant narrative shift of DeRozan being an empty stats playoff choker who plays zero defense and who was never going to win anything ever along with being dramatically overpaid to now being traded out of Canada is an in his prime all star that is only going to get better and will propel the spurs to another level. 

Sorry but come on it’s like people just like to **** on the raptors when I see stuff like this. Be more consistent.

Archived