Training Camp 2018

big_palooka

Penn is all about the team. I respect that very much. Think if the move to RT is for good. It gives Oakland the best offense line possible. Having him there to go against Boss and Miller will be huge. Can’t wait to see how the line plays on Saturday. 

Calhoun has turned the corner baby! Year 3.

Jokes aside, I don't think Miller at LT is a good idea. Every pressure from the blindside could be a strip sack for all we know. I don't even think he's an average starter right now, let alone someone I'd put at LT over Penn.

On 10/08/2018 at 5:53 PM, RaidersAreOne said:

Don't know if this has been posted yet, but Switz has had an awesome camp and should see some solid minutes tonight.

That is just beautiful to watch, I'm rooting for Switz to not only make the team but be a big part of the offense. He'll obviously get the Welker comparisons but a guy like Switz can be a great chain mover, safety valve and offer great YAC if he can separate like that.

17 minutes ago, Darbsk said:

That is just beautiful to watch, I'm rooting for Switz to not only make the team but be a big part of the offense. He'll obviously get the Welker comparisons but a guy like Switz can be a great chain mover, safety valve and offer great YAC if he can separate like that.

+1 Awesome to see a WR on our team with great short area quickness and crisp route running. Provides an awesome element to the offense and should only help the other guys get open.

Those Penn quotes are a very welcome surprise. What a refreshing response from him and It gives us all the more options moving forward. If Penn can man the right, it will allow the TE to support Miller more. The coaches won’t have to compensate and plan for a weak right side - something I was anticipating they would have to do regularly. Miller gets the extra support when needed. If it doesn’t work out with Miller, Penn slides back in and he drops to backup and learns until he’s ready. And all the while Penn trains up all the rooks!

20 minutes ago, dante9876 said:

Lol. Go look at the posts and threads from when penn held out. The whole narrative have change on penn in basically 3 weeks of offseason. He is the greatest team first guy ever now. ?????. 

I don't understand. Honestly if anyone on this forum actually wanted Penn gone, it's a sure thing that they don't know football. He is a very good starter at a premium position, who is still being underpaid. It's almost as bad as when people were saying Marshawn wasn't good last year.

23 minutes ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

How can you guys support Kolton Miller on the left side. You realize that every time Von Miller beats him that's gonna be a strip sack because Carr won't see it coming right?

Miller is beating whoever we have on either side. Every pass rusher moves around lots too. This who LT being the end all is outdated compared to what it once was. We have Lee Smith who is essentially another Oline, Keith Smith is one of a blocker and Marshawn is one of the better blocking RBs. Gruden isn't going to leave Miller on an island guys.

Archived