What team that EVERYONE thinks is absolutely AWFUL right now will MAKE THE PLAYOFFS this year?

VanS

1 hour ago, buno67 said:

Cincy defense sucked last year and you guys were actually trying to compete...

just sayin’

Also quit acting like Lawson is better than Garrett

Now you are making things up.  When exactly did I say Lawson was better?  I only pointed out that he had similar production to your beloved first overall pick.  I think Garrett is better.  So does every other rational fan.

But you have yet to address the crux of my original post.  That you are belittling the Bengals in your attempt to push your agenda (Cleveland being better).

1 minute ago, INbengalfan said:

Now you are making things up.  When exactly did I say Lawson was better?  I only pointed out that he had similar production to your beloved first overall pick.  I think Garrett is better.  So does every other rational fan.

But you have yet to address the crux of my original post.  That you are belittling the Bengals in your attempt to push your agenda (Cleveland being better).

when did I ever bring the Browns up? 

Vans said he sees the Bengals being this years Rams. a team going from bad to turn themselves into a superbowl contender and Challenging the Steelers for the division. I said Cincy will destory the colts this week but stated I think their defense is garbage and that wont help them compete with the steelers. He then brings up saying Lawson is going to be probowl/allpro and that Kirk WJIII is one of the best duos in the league. Stated he be shocked if the bengals defense isnt top10. I said he wont even lead his division in Sacks this year because of Garrett and the likes of Heyward. 

I never once tried to push the Browns. only brought up Garrett at being the potential sack leader for this division.

You're the one that brought the Browns up. I was stating that the Bengals defense isnt going to be all that great this year or come close to sniffing top10 like a bengals poster was stating.

Never said I thought the Browns defense will be better or the team in general. 

19 minutes ago, buno67 said:

when did I ever bring the Browns up? 

Vans said he sees the Bengals being this years Rams. a team going from bad to turn themselves into a superbowl contender and Challenging the Steelers for the division. I said Cincy will destory the colts this week but stated I think their defense is garbage and that wont help them compete with the steelers. He then brings up saying Lawson is going to be probowl/allpro and that Kirk WJIII is one of the best duos in the league. Stated he be shocked if the bengals defense isnt top10. I said he wont even lead his division in Sacks this year because of Garrett and the likes of Heyward. 

I never once tried to push the Browns. only brought up Garrett at being the potential sack leader for this division.

You're the one that brought the Browns up. I was stating that the Bengals defense isnt going to be all that great this year or come close to sniffing top10 like a bengals poster was stating.

Never said I thought the Browns defense will be better or the team in general. 

Fair enough.  In this thread, and a couple of others, I have seen Browns fans generally rip the Bengals.  The Browns will be better, but it seems as though a lot of your fanbase has the team jumping us and possibly the Ravens.  It has shown up here and in the over/underrated thread more than a few times.  I quoted yours to begon with because it was the newest one, not because I was singling out your specific comment.

As for Lawson, you said he's just a backup, and in the context of your comment, it could easily be taken as Lawson is not that good(because he is a backup).  That was all I was saying about Lawson.  I never even hinted that he was better than Garrett.

In the end, I would love nothing better than the Browns and bengals battling for the top spot in the AFCN for the next decade, which would seem appropriate after the last decade plus.

The NFL Network keeps giving Miami some hype (saying we'd sneak into the playoffs) and even asked if they have the most underrated offense in the league which is strange to me because all summer I've been told this is the worst team in the league. 

10 minutes ago, INbengalfan said:

Fair enough.  In this thread, and a couple of others, I have seen Browns fans generally rip the Bengals.  The Browns will be better, but it seems as though a lot of your fanbase has the team jumping us and possibly the Ravens.  It has shown up here and in the over/underrated thread more than a few times.  I quoted yours to begon with because it was the newest one, not because I was singling out your specific comment.

As for Lawson, you said he's just a backup, and in the context of your comment, it could easily be taken as Lawson is not that good(because he is a backup).  That was all I was saying about Lawson.  I never even hinted that he was better than Garrett.

In the end, I would love nothing better than the Browns and bengals battling for the top spot in the AFCN for the next decade, which would seem appropriate after the last decade plus.

oh I strongly agree with the Steelers being the #1 team until they are unseeded but that its really a toss up for the #2. Yeah the Browns went 0-16 last year but plenty of changes have been made that they should be greatly improve and can compete this year

I like the D the bengals have put together and if people say they are awful now, then I could consider them. Except, they tend to bungle and Marvin hasn't won a playoff game as the HC in 15 years? Maybe this is the year they win a few, 9-7 could get into the post season. 

Jets would be another pick, I just can't see that OL keeping the QB healthy for much of the season. 

23 hours ago, buno67 said:

man you are greatly overhyping lawson 

Carl Lawson had a great rookie season.  He's incredibly powerful and explosive.  He plays on a very talented and deep defensive line (so that means less double teams).

I have the Bengals as my surprise breakout team in 2018.  And I believe their defense will be the leading force so that means somebody on that side of the ball needs to have a career season.  I can see Carl Lawson being among the guys on that side of the ball to break out this season.

Its not that uncommon for guys to make the biggest leap in production from Year 1 to Year 2. 

25 minutes ago, VanS said:

Carl Lawson had a great rookie season.  He's incredibly powerful and explosive.  He plays on a very talented and deep defensive line (so that means less double teams).

I have the Bengals as my surprise breakout team in 2018.  And I believe their defense will be the leading force so that means somebody on that side of the ball needs to have a career season.  I can see Carl Lawson being among the guys on that side of the ball to break out this season.

Its not that uncommon for guys to make the biggest leap in production from Year 1 to Year 2. 

very talented and deep defensive line? 

Dunlap, Atkins, and Johnson are all very good players. Billings, Tupou, Glasgow are nothing special. Willis is ok, Hubbard was a stud in college but have no idea how he will be in the pro and we have your self pro claimed All Pro in Lewis. Dunlap, Atkins, and Johnson are very talent but I dont know about the rest of those guys

2 hours ago, buno67 said:

Dunlap, Atkins, and Johnson are all very good players. Billings, Tupou, Glasgow are nothing special. Willis is ok, Hubbard was a stud in college but have no idea how he will be in the pro and we have your self pro claimed All Pro in Lewis. Dunlap, Atkins, and Johnson are very talent but I dont know about the rest of those guys

You forgot Carl Lawson.  He's a STAR.  I also like Andrew Billings more than most.  I'm not saying he's a star but I think he'll be good this year.    I liked Willis as a prospect coming out, think he can at the very least be a solid rotational player.  Same with Sam Hubbard.  He ain't special but he can be a solid DE like Chris Long (who was my NFL comp for him.

That's 7 deep on the d-line of good to great players.  I would say that's a lot better than just about everyone in the NFL.  Just watch.  The Bengals will be recognized as having one of the best defensive lines in the NFL this season.

9 hours ago, buno67 said:

Johnson has not aged well.  He's not very good any more.

Have you actually watched these guys, or are you just reading some articles and providing commentary from there?

Billings is unproven, but has looked very good this preseason.  He's only played 1 season, so you kind of have to wait and see on him.  Same with Willis.

I would agree that Tupou and Glasgow are nothing real special.

And i'm with @VanS on Lawson.  He's special.  I don't understand this argument that he's replacement level or a backup or w/e your contention is.  The metrics argue the opposite.  Did he punt your puppy or something?

On 8/13/2018 at 8:28 AM, ET80 said:
On 7/19/2018 at 7:47 PM, ET80 said:

Put me in this group, too. I like their S tandem with Adams and Maye managing the back end, Leonard Williams as a presence up from and Darnold elevating everyone in the offense to a higher level. I can see them slip into a 9-7 season with a WC appearance.

Sticking by this. Darnold is inching his way into man-crush status.

Oooh, what is this sensation? Broadway Sammy D and the Green Machine looking pretty tough out there...

On 2018-09-08 at 10:36 PM, buno67 said:

This post is the perfect summation of just how little you know what you’re talking about. This is the equivalent of a 6th grader submitting his/her piece on quantum mechanics and desperately trying to pass it as accurate. 

Stick to what you know, and that’s not Cincinnati football. 

6 minutes ago, SmittyBacall said:

This post is the perfect summation of just how little you know what you’re talking about. This is the equivalent of a 6th grader submitting his/her piece on quantum mechanics and desperately trying to pass it as accurate. 

Stick to what you know, and that’s not Cincinnati football. 

That being said, the Cincy Dline didn't exactly put up on Sunday.  So might be time for the Cincy fans to "shut up" until we see something haha.

BTW i agree, they'll have better games.  Colts had a great gameplan to minimize the Dline's impact.  But they need to play better going forward.

Archived