What team that EVERYONE thinks is absolutely AWFUL right now will MAKE THE PLAYOFFS this year?

VanS

• 1 month later...
On 9/9/2018 at 12:49 AM, VanS said:

You forgot Carl Lawson.  He's a STAR.  I also like Andrew Billings more than most.  I'm not saying he's a star but I think he'll be good this year.    I liked Willis as a prospect coming out, think he can at the very least be a solid rotational player.  Same with Sam Hubbard.  He ain't special but he can be a solid DE like Chris Long (who was my NFL comp for him.

That's 7 deep on the d-line of good to great players.  I would say that's a lot better than just about everyone in the NFL.  Just watch.  The Bengals will be recognized as having one of the best defensive lines in the NFL this season.

How is Lawson doing this season? Has he blossomed into that star?

2 hours ago, wackywabbit said:

.... Is Washington the answer?

No one else who seems to be in the playoff race is even moderately surprising.

1 hour ago, jjab360 said:

Is there really anybody that fits that description this year? All the teams people thought would look awful look, well... awful

i guess the seahawks are in the hunt despite the whole legion of whom business and aside from wilson their offense being a bunch of dripping noodles

8 hours ago, buno67 said:

How is Lawson doing this season? Has he blossomed into that star?

Cold.  He tore his ACL man.

Before that he was playing pretty well.  Was among the league leaders in pressures (playing like 40% of snaps).  He just couldn't convert them to sacks.

Compared to the league average, i'd give him a solid B grade.  Compared to his expectations coming into the year, a C.

5 hours ago, wackywabbit said:

.... Is Washington the answer?

No one else who seems to be in the playoff race is even moderately surprising.

People thought the Bengals would be good?  I mean, i know a few did.  But it wasn't common consensus.

They haven't been great, but they're 5-3 with an easy (relatively) back end schedule.  Should win 9-10 games and be in the thick of the race.

Archived