1999 Jaguars vs 1999 Rams

patriotsheatyan

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/29/2018 at 12:46 PM, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

Didnt St. Louis have the same advantage though? 

The Titans had already seen the Rams' offense in that earlier meeting, and I think that was a reason why St. Louis was slowed in the SB. I believe that outweighed the St. Louis offense seeing the Tennessee defense a second time.

1 hour ago, LaserFocus said:

The Titans had already seen the Rams' offense in that earlier meeting, and I think that was a reason why St. Louis was slowed in the SB. I believe that outweighed the St. Louis offense seeing the Tennessee defense a second time.

Rams scored more points, and gained more yards in the Super Bowl compared to the earlier meeting against the Titans. Even had the ball less than the first meeting. They just didn't have the 3 turnovers this time, which helped Tennessee.

Both games the efficiency of the offense wasn't slowed down. Over 400 yards offense for the Rams both times.

8 hours ago, PapaShogun said:

Rams scored more points, and gained more yards in the Super Bowl compared to the earlier meeting against the Titans. Even had the ball less than the first meeting. They just didn't have the 3 turnovers this time, which helped Tennessee.

Both games the efficiency of the offense wasn't slowed down. Over 400 yards offense for the Rams both times.

Understand your point about the yards, but in the rematch, the Titans completely shut down Marshall Faulk and the running attack. Despite playing on artificial turf, the Rams had just 13 points for a good chunk of the fourth quarter. The game was set up perfectly for Tennessee, the Rams only had the ball for 82 seconds of the fourth quarter.   

Archived