BDL 2018 Summer Owners Meeting

SirA1

On ‎7‎/‎22‎/‎2018 at 11:35 PM, SirA1 said:

Topic 3: 7/25 Noon Vote

Reduce the Max Contract size for BDL players from 6 to 5 years.

I don't like forcing rules just to force rules, I don't think there's any issues with 6 year contracts in the BDL. I said this prior but I think that BDL managers generally aren't killing themselves with tons of large multi year contracts and if they are there's always 3 downs every year to take away that mistake.

2 hours ago, pheltzbahr said:

Reject 3

I think its more helpful to have 6 yr contracts available with respect to 3 Ups than it is a hindrance for signing 6 yr FA deals.

1 hour ago, MD4L said:

I think 6 year contract should solely be for 3 UPs. Not with FAs.

Agreed

1 hour ago, MD4L said:

I think 6 year contract should solely be for 3 UPs. Not with FAs.

59 minutes ago, OleXmad said:

This. It will only ever apply to mega star players IRL. 

20 minutes ago, Ragnarok said:

Agreed

I disagree. What if a fine aged 27 year old like Fletcher Cox hits the market? Why shouldn't you be able to lock up that delicious hunk of man meat for 6 years?

6 minutes ago, Hockey5djh said:

I disagree. What if a fine aged 27 year old like Fletcher Cox hits the market? Why shouldn't you be able to lock up that delicious hunk of man meat for 6 years?

Lock him up for 5 years and then watch him not live up it in the 4th year and then you were gonna 3down him anyway. 

I doubt most BDL players signed in FA play out the entire duration of their 5+ year contracts so 6 years is kinda eh. 

5 minutes ago, Hockey5djh said:

You can sign him for 5 years. It’s more likely any supposed elite talent will be traded than stick with one team on such a deal.

36 minutes ago, Hockey5djh said:

The only reason youd do six years is to jack up the total value in a bidding war while paying less per year than you'd have to on a 5 year deal.  And then 3Down him in a few years.

This just protects players a bit.

Archived