The official training camp thread

MWil23

1 minute ago, buno67 said:

There reporting for the first time taking reps at LT, Bit has looked pretty good going up against Garrett

I wish bitonio was more open to playing LT. You’d think that would be every lineman’s dream. But he said he doesn’t want to play there. But he would if he had to. 

1 minute ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

I wish bitonio was more open to playing LT. You’d think that would be every lineman’s dream. But he said he doesn’t want to play there. But he would if he had to. 

He is a top tier LG, not sure how great of a LT he would be 

1 minute ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

Yeah I just seen that. I hope he sticks with it. They need to stop screwing around now with Coleman and give Joel all the reps with the ones at LT

I think they wanted to give Coleman a chance  and/or show  Bit  what their options are at left tackle and had him make the decision on his own. Like you can play with Coleman to the outside  Or with Corbett on your inside 

35 minutes ago, Kiwibrown said:

At the time of the Corbett pick there was a lt available a guy from Texas I think. 

Dumb.

Indeed... Connor Williams was available.. a lot of people thought he was a guard... Geron Christian out of Lousiville... Brandon Parker out NC A&T... a lot of other good tackles out there...

Maybe it was just a true BPA thing... but in my mind there were  two better guards on the board at the Corbett pick... 1) Will Hernandez out of UTEP and 2) James Daniels C/G Iowa... the Corbett pick really only makes sense if one thought he could play tackle which is a misevaluation.

If we wanted the best guard available we could've went another direction...but maybe Dorsey and co. really believed Corbett was the best guard in the draft...

I don't know.... it's going to be a puzzling one for years to come...

1 minute ago, Mind Character said:

Indeed... Connor Williams was available.. a lot of people thought he was a guard... Geron Christian out of Lousiville... Brandon Parker out NC A&T... a lot of other good tackles out there...

Maybe it was just a true BPA thing... but in my mind there were  two better guards on the board at the Corbett pick... 1) Will Hernandez out of UTEP and 2) James Daniels C/G Iowa... the Corbett pick really only makes sense if one thought he could play tackle which is a misevaluation.

If we wanted the best guard available we could've went another direction...but maybe Dorsey and co. really believed Corbett was the best guard in the draft...

I don't know.... it's going to be a puzzling one for years to come...

If he proves to be a good guard then so be it. 

It would be a shame to go from a great LG in Bitonio to a good Lt and a decent LG. 

Also if Coleman can’t play LT why can’t he play LG? He is meant to be freakishly strong.

Archived