The official training camp thread

MWil23

5 hours ago, DizzyDean said:

It amazes me that so many areatill convinced that Hue already has one foot out the door, even after the very strong vote of confidence from ownership in which the owner literally said there is no magic number for Hue that he has to reach to keep his job. So many conspiracy theories.  I can not way for this good upcoming season so the same ones that are doing this will eat crow, and post on here about how they supported Hue the entire time and knew it was a roster issue.  Figuratively swallowing Hue Jackson whole.

No one said he would be fired if we have a good season. I will eat crow if we go 2-14 and he keeps his job. So far he has got the least out of his talent in the win column. 1/2 a win per year isn't impressive even with the holes we had in certain areas including QB.

7 hours ago, DizzyDean said:

It amazes me that so many areatill convinced that Hue already has one foot out the door, even after the very strong vote of confidence from ownership in which the owner literally said there is no magic number for Hue that he has to reach to keep his job. So many conspiracy theories.  I can not way for this good upcoming season so the same ones that are doing this will eat crow, and post on here about how they supported Hue the entire time and knew it was a roster issue.  Figuratively swallowing Hue Jackson whole.

It begins.

3 hours ago, Thomas5737 said:

No one said he would be fired if we have a good season. I will eat crow if we go 2-14 and he keeps his job. So far he has got the least out of his talent in the win column. 1/2 a win per year isn't impressive even with the holes we had in certain areas including QB.

That is just laughable.  I will eat Mars the red planet if we go 2 and 14.  Nude agrees with me! He will eat Uranus if we go 2 and 14!  It’s going to be a fun season!

48 minutes ago, DizzyDean said:

That is just laughable.  I will eat Mars the red planet if we go 2 and 14.  Nude agrees with me! He will eat Uranus if we go 2 and 14!  It’s going to be a fun season!

Oh I'd be shocked if we went 2-14. The talent on the roster even without a lot of guys playing together should equal 7ish or so wins.

That said I was pretty surprised when we won one game in '16.

I was shocked when we won 0 in '17.

So, I have been shocked by Hue's results every year so I won't be shocked if I am shocked this year. If that is possible.

1 hour ago, Thomas5737 said:

Oh I'd be shocked if we went 2-14. The talent on the roster even without a lot of guys playing together should equal 7ish or so wins.

That said I was pretty surprised when we won one game in '16.

I was shocked when we won 0 in '17.

So, I have been shocked by Hue's results every year so I won't be shocked if I am shocked this year. If that is possible.

Idk to me a great coach adds about 2-3 wins and a bad coach subtracts about 2-3 wins. I thought last years team was a 2-3 win team. They had some good young talent but we’re going to be held back by QB play. Add in Hues bad play calling and bad weekly schemes for a majority of the season and bad in game adjustments and management and I wasn’t shocked going 0-16. The year before I thought the browns might be a 3-4. Again Hues ability to suck really brought us down. Browns should of won 2 games that year but having a spanking brand new kicker added the day before basically costed them the Miami game. 

To me talent wise this year the Browns should win 6-7 games. If the browns only achieve 3-4 wins it’s becuase Hue sucked the life out of the team yet again. If they win more than 7, hue coaches his butt off and really added to this team. 

OL coach a couple days ago stated Bit taking reps at LT would be the last possible plan for them. Today he is taking reps at LT with the 1st team and coleman wasn’t take them with the 2nd team. I don’t know how many but it happened. Not surprised by coleman struggling one bit

Just now, buno67 said:

OL coach a couple days ago stated Bit taking reps at LT would be the last possible plan for them. Today he is taking reps at LT with the 1st team and coleman wasn’t take them with the 2nd team. I don’t know how many but it happened. Not surprised by coleman struggling one bit

I think the bottom line is that this is the time of year to tinker with things, not in October. LT is the priority. That’s a position they have to at least get acceptable play out of. 

We’ll see how it shakes out. I still put Coleman as the LT unless he falls on his face, and Bitonio at his natural spot. They’re also going to give Corbett every chance in camp to get some reps and justify being taken at 33 in some capacity.

8 minutes ago, NateDawg said:

I think the bottom line is that this is the time of year to tinker with things, not in October. LT is the priority. That’s a position they have to at least get acceptable play out of. 

We’ll see how it shakes out. I still put Coleman as the LT unless he falls on his face, and Bitonio at his natural spot. They’re also going to give Corbett every chance in camp to get some reps and justify being taken at 33 in some capacity.

It’s all find and dandy to tinker but when you have zero unproven LTs on the roster. You don’t tinker with that position at the moment. I think they are just trying to get all the ideas on how can play the LT position

exactly why the Corbett pick didn't make sense... his best position based on college film eval is the position of your best OLineman...and your second best OLineman (Zeitler)

Worst part is by repping so much at LT (if indeed we go that way with Joel) does his mastery and how locked in he is with his technique and play at LG regress...

Should've taken Courtland Sutton at WR instead...

Trying to get Corbett on the field will end up hurting us more than helping us in the short term...

23 minutes ago, Mind Character said:

exactly why the Corbett pick didn't make sense... his best position based on college film eval is the position of your best OLineman...and your second best OLineman (Zeitler)

Worst part is by repping so much at LT (if indeed we go that way with Joel) does his mastery and how locked in he is with his technique and play at LG regress...

Should've taken Courtland Sutton at WR instead...

Trying to get Corbett on the field will end up hurting us more than helping us in the short term...

I’m in complete agreement. I like much of what we’ve done, but that pick just didn’t make sense - then or now.

Bitonio has the stuff to be a decent LT in my opinion. If he does, in fact, hold down the LT slot, then the Corbett pick won’t look so dumb.

Archived