The official training camp thread

MWil23

I know Gruden's relationship with Donald Penn is contentious at best. Perhaps talking trade for Penn to fill our LT hole, Mack came into the conversation. 

It would make sense, a package of Penn and Mack. But I think the compensation might be heavy. They'd probably want Ogbah to replace Mack, Peppers, if that's Gruden's guy, and at least one or two other players/picks.

12 minutes ago, Fatgerman said:

I know Gruden's relationship with Donald Penn is contentious at best. Perhaps talking trade for Penn to fill our LT hole, Mack came into the conversation. 

It would make sense, a package of Penn and Mack. But I think the compensation might be heavy. They'd probably want Ogbah to replace Mack, Peppers, if that's Gruden's guy, and at least one or two other players/picks.

We are all speculating at this stage but I'd hate to get rid of Ogbah.

It would have to be Peppers and some lesser players and late round picks.

I mean is it coincidence there’s been several articles lately about why we should trade for Mack and why it might happen. It’s just Oakland beat writers at this point. But we all know Gruden is calling the shots. You don’t give him a ten year contract other wise. Mack’s unhappy. I’d make it happen if there’s actual smoke. That’s why I asked you guys if anyone’s heard anything on it. I’m at work so I have a very limited amount of time I can be on my phone 

9 minutes ago, Kiwibrown said:

Yeah I'm cool with Peppers as the main piece in trading for an impending free agent but I'm not trading Ogbah and Peppers and additional to sign a guy to a crazy contract.

18 minutes ago, Kiwibrown said:

For Penn and Mack, would you trade Peppers, Kirksey, Chad Thomas, and a 2nd round pick? I'm just spitballing.

16 minutes ago, Fatgerman said:

For Penn and Mack, would you trade Peppers, Kirksey, Chad Thomas, and a 2nd round pick? I'm just spitballing.

Penn I dont value because of age and injuries. 

Mack is obviously amazing as a player but i dont think he is worth 22 million per year.

If we could get his cap number to 14 million after year 2 onward I would look at him. But I think if we did trade for him it would be as a rental for 2 years and not a permanent peice for 4-5 years. 

If we could pay 30 million, 28, 16, 14, 14 then I would consider it.

On defense I'd rather have 11 great players than 2-3 awesome ones and replacement level guys around them. I think Mack and Donald aren't worth what they want. 

I'd go peppers, Thomas and nassib and a 5th for mack. No more.

Archived