The official training camp thread

MWil23

11 hours ago, DizzyDean said:

This is interesting.  I love Peppers, I think back at his more natural position, he has Troy Padsflhdfglkjhsdf type of potential.  But for Mack, with Kindred waiting in the wings, I probably would do it, but I would not throw in any of our top 4 LBs, I would not throw in Ogbah.

Kindred is so obviously better than peppers. There’s nothing peppers doesn’t better. 

27 minutes ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

I hate box safeties. It’s a passing league. We need to cover as much as possible. Not have an extra LB to do what the LBs and DLine is suppose to do. 

Well having a box safety Like Peppers allows you to cover as much as possible. Kindred wasn’t bad last year but he did get eaten up by TEs. With Peppers, being in the box allows him to do whatever he wants because he is now closer to the ball and should help in stopping the run but also should be a bigger impact in pass coverage because he is no longer 17yards away from the LOS. 

19 hours ago, bosko1616 said:

Can anyone confirm or deny the rumor we are exploring a Khalil Mack Trade ? Saw two Oakland based sports writers say we’ve been in contact with them. One said Jabril Peppers has Grudens Eye 

btw I’m at work and my buddy showed it too me on his phone. His brother lives in Sacramento. 

I cant see Oakland trading away Mack.

If they do, Id give up Peppers + Collins/Kendricks + up to 3rd round pick in a heart beat

Even though Gruden has made some questionable moves already, I can't see him moving Mack. But I'd be all over that if I were Dorsey. Dude is in his prime and is a top 3-5 defensive player in the league. Him and Garrett would absolutely feast on opposing QBs.

6 hours ago, buno67 said:

Yeah it would take at least two futute 1sts and a decent player or two to get Mack 

That would be a bad use of resources. I don't like giving up high picks for any expiring contract. If I did it then it would be for a good young QB but that never happens so I'm not doing it for anyone.

It's a lot easier to spend crazy money on your own stars or free agents because that is the only new investment you have to make with them. If we wouldn't have traded all of our former 1st round picks we could have given them Coleman, Shelton, Erving, Manziel and Gilbert. That should get it done :D

4 minutes ago, buno67 said:

the difference is Mack is worth it tho. He makes everyone on the defense better

Oakland defense sucks. 

Id love him on the team, I think he would have to be gone by the time Myles G contract came up. 

Archived