What video game are you playing?

On 5/30/2023 at 5:34 PM, Ty21 said:

Idk if any of you guys are football fans or do mobile gaming but “The Program” is pretty addicting so far. It’s in “early access” but it’s a college football sim where you run around and scout and sim games and build your roster. Fun idle game imo 

I got hooked on this game a few weeks ago.  It's pretty fun.  It will be cool to see how it looks, once it's out of early access.  

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, OkeyDoke21 said:

I got hooked on this game a few weeks ago.  It's pretty fun.  It will be cool to see how it looks, once it's out of early access.  

I have ideas where they could take it and improve upon it. But it definitely scratches the itch as is. I’m conference 3 and 21 seasons in 

1 hour ago, Ty21 said:

I have ideas where they could take it and improve upon it. But it definitely scratches the itch as is. I’m conference 3 and 21 seasons in 

That's where I am, too.  The last few things I have to do to move up to Conference 4 are hard to accomplish, for me.  Not sure if it's universal or not.  I would guess it is, in early access.  Need to sign 4 LB's in a class (difficult and a waste of limited recruit points/time), get an LB or DE 8 sacks in a season (which sacks are seemingly evenly spread across my whole D.  So that makes it really random to occur.  CB's stupidly get as many sacks as edge rushers), and 800 rush yards for a qb, which I can eventually do, just haven't had great running qbs for a few years.  I'm thrashing everyone, besides a random game being dropped every other season or so, but can't move up until those difficult boxes are checked.   I just keep going 12-0 or 11-1, but can't get an LB 8 sacks or sign 4 of them in a single class lol. 

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, OkeyDoke21 said:

That's where I am, too.  The last few things I have to do to move up to Conference 4 are hard to accomplish, for me.  Not sure if it's universal or not.  I would guess it is, in early access.  Need to sign 4 LB's in a class (difficult and a waste of limited recruit points/time), get an LB or DE 8 sacks in a season (which sacks are seemingly evenly spread across my whole D.  So that makes it really random to occur.  CB's stupidly get as many sacks as edge rushers), and 800 rush yards for a qb, which I can eventually do, just haven't had great running qbs for a few years.  I'm thrashing everyone, besides a random game being dropped every other season or so, but can't move up until those difficult boxes are checked.   I just keep going 12-0 or 11-1, but can't get an LB 8 sacks or sign 4 of them in a single class lol. 

Yep I have the same ones. I knocked out the LB and qb rush ones in my first couple seasons by just taking on whatever LB I could get, even 1 stars. And qb one I lucked into an incredible 4* qb that’s 95 ovr now and I used him on multiple read options per week for a few years. The shutout and sack ones are probably gonna take like 40 years to accomplish lol

@OkeyDoke21 I had 6 sacks with a LB and a DE at the middle point of a season, but they didn’t get another sack the whole rest of the year. Beating my head against the wall. I only need one more 2200 score, a 2 shutout season, and the stupid 8 sack year and I’ll be moving up. 

• Like 1

I tried The Lies of P demo.  Love the atmosphere and the idea.  It’s literally a dark souls clone.  But I hope they take the feedback seriously.  While the animations aren’t bad the dodge/dash mechanic is extremely sub par.   If you’re locked on you can’t dodge roll you can only dash.  When you’re fighting a boss not locked on and dodge roll away they’re behind you out of the screen so you don’t know if you’re safe or about to get walloped.

On 6/10/2023 at 1:01 AM, Ty21 said:

@OkeyDoke21 I had 6 sacks with a LB and a DE at the middle point of a season, but they didn’t get another sack the whole rest of the year. Beating my head against the wall. I only need one more 2200 score, a 2 shutout season, and the stupid 8 sack year and I’ll be moving up. 

It's annoying as hell.  I started playing more again, after our last convo.  I'll move up in two years from the qb rushing yards and then I'll just sign another trash LB class to get 4.  Need 9 more points and those two will give me 10.  Had to just forget about the 8 sacks.  8 is my school's record for a single season.  

Had a 5 star CB come in, and get 4 picks in his first 5 games of his freshman season.  I was pumped.  He then went on to graduate with 4 career ints lmao, but somehow added 14 career sacks to finish like 6th in school history, without me running a single cb blitz, and never playing him at nickel.  Defense is so random.  

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, OkeyDoke21 said:

It's annoying as hell.  I started playing more again, after our last convo.  I'll move up in two years from the qb rushing yards and then I'll just sign another trash LB class to get 4.  Need 9 more points and those two will give me 10.  Had to just forget about the 8 sacks.  8 is my school's record for a single season.  

Had a 5 star CB come in, and get 4 picks in his first 5 games of his freshman season.  I was pumped.  He then went on to graduate with 4 career ints lmao, but somehow added 14 career sacks to finish like 6th in school history, without me running a single cb blitz, and never playing him at nickel.  Defense is so random.  

Defense being so random is the bane of my existence lol. Looks like the only workaround is simming A LOT. I just need the sacks one time and the rest will come naturally although 2 shutouts in a year is pretty hard. 

Have you encountered a deliberately terrible recruiting class yet? I just had one where I only got 4-5 guys because every single player I encountered outside of them was a 1*

The staff tokens is also aggravating. Having to play 10 seasons to get a decent trainer or coordinator kinda sucks lol. I am looking forward to them expanding on scout abilities 

Edited by Ty21

2 hours ago, Ty21 said:

Defense being so random is the bane of my existence lol. Looks like the only workaround is simming A LOT. I just need the sacks one time and the rest will come naturally although 2 shutouts in a year is pretty hard. 

Have you encountered a deliberately terrible recruiting class yet? I just had one where I only got 4-5 guys because every single player I encountered outside of them was a 1*

The staff tokens is also aggravating. Having to play 10 seasons to get a decent trainer or coordinator kinda sucks lol. I am looking forward to them expanding on scout abilities 

Yes!  Just had one my last season actually.  I only signed 3 guys out of 16-17 targets.  Made me kind of sick to my stomach.  I haven't been able to begin the next season yet because of it.  

• Like 1

On 6/8/2023 at 11:04 AM, Ty21 said:

I’m conference 3 and 21 seasons in 

It took to season 37 to finally get that 8 sack achievement. I only had one player in 36 years get 8 sacks ever so this was the preferred achievement to get. Still have to get the 2200 season points and 2 shut outs to move on to conference 4 and the game has been throwing me in purgatory for a while by making me lose to way inferior teams and letting a team score 3 on me that I was way better than. Hopefully it’s better when I get the best coordinators. 

Also changing up how I recruit. I was getting 6-8 targets, only in the 3*-4* range and not recruiting anyone new after week 6. But that left holes in my team when I would have to take on 1* walk ons. So 2*’s are acceptable now, with 3-4’s a nice surprise for classes. Weeks 6-10 are purely point gathering weeks (although I did pull a 4* WR in just 4 weeks last season lol)

• Like 1