What video game are you playing?

I gotta continue my rant on redfall because apparently my friends aren't as sour on it as I am. One thinks the game will be fixed via patches and the other thinks it's just a matter of difficulty. 

How they are enjoying the game play loop is beyond me. This game is exactly what I love. A looter shooter where I can turn my brain off and watching something on the side. But this game is sooooo bad IMO. The shooting isn't fun, the enemies have both terrible AI and aren't fun to fight against, the mission structure is both short and repetitive with very little creativity, the characters skills are pretty damn boring, and the story is... well, I haven't paid attention, can't really be bothered when everything else screams "bad" to me.

I don't want to complain to them because I'm known to be picky (with the games we play), but do I really have to tolerate Redfall of all games to not be as annoying with my pickiness? Holy I'm going to blow a gasket.

Finally finished fallen order. Platforming was rough, and way too much time spending trying to get back to the ship or doing revisits for items and whatnot. 

But really enjoyed the presentation and story. 

Firing up soul hackers 2 now to get a more traditional rpg fix satisfied 

34 minutes ago, Forge said:

Finally finished fallen order. Platforming was rough, and way too much time spending trying to get back to the ship or doing revisits for items and whatnot. 

But really enjoyed the presentation and story. 

I just started Jedi Survivor and they added fast travel. Can’t manual save though which is deeply concerning, esp since so many people have had corrupted saves. 

Been playing Valheim recently and its a pretty sick game ngl. Builder, survival is the genre. The grind is real though tons of farming for mats but its relaxing. Absolutely crazy some of the base builds you can do with some imagination. Really pretty game as well the low poly graphics is a nice tough imo. The map is procedurally generated as well so no map is alike which is pretty dope. Game is only 20 USD as well so its a bargain of a price. Recently pushed its first new big patch that added a new area, it also had a console release as well around the same time.

• Like 1

Idk if any of you guys are football fans or do mobile gaming but “The Program” is pretty addicting so far. It’s in “early access” but it’s a college football sim where you run around and scout and sim games and build your roster. Fun idle game imo 

This thread reminded me i've got like half a dozen games i want to either get around to playing, or finish a play through on.

I was part way into trying to play through Mass Effect Andromeda for a second time.  I've played through those other games idk how any times, it felt like i should try to run Andromeda again and see if my disappointment was fully warranted or not.

But i'm also midway through Dragon Age: Inquisition that i haven't played for more than a year and honestly don't even remember exactly what was going on.

I've got the Witcher sitting there waiting to be played too.  Which is apparently really amazing?  I've watched the Netflix show, but don't seem to find the time for the actual game.  lmao.

Also went ham on Star Wars day or whatever it was a while back and bought all these Star Wars games that i haven't played.  Plus a year or two ago where i got the ported remastered version of Podracer and it was fun as heck but i should probably play that again and finish the "campaign" or whatever to unlock all the cool stuff.

Also caught a real hankerin' to do some more Forza driving after the Memorial Day crown jewel races.

But really, the only game i ever seem to play anymore...is Apex.  When a friend tells me to set aside some time on the weekend to actually play a videogame.

I don't really know what it is.  It's not like i've really "outgrown" videogames...but i feel like i just never have the time for them anymore.  I have to really deliberately carve out an evening for it.  Which doesn't let me really invest in all the things i kinda want to get done videogame-wise.