What video game are you playing?

15 hours ago, Ty21 said:

For some reason Ive always wished they did golf and need for speed with a total amateur approach where you start out the most embarrassing incapable person with the worst gear and work your way up to the tippity top

The old Tiger Woods games (I think 2004?) on the PS2 were like this.  I can't remember exactly but I know you started out as a ****ty golfer then either through leveling up or unlocking new gear (or both) you could increase your stats.  It was so much more fun having to progress.  Plus the cosmetics were awesome, you had a lot to choose from in terms of clubs/gloves/clothes/etc.  It also had a great soundtrack. 

Might have to fire up the PS2 emulator and see if the gameplay still holds up.  

I was led to believe the creatures only came out at night in The Forest.

So I got pretty startled when one showed up and giggled at me during the day.

I was also led to believe they could not swim so I was safe at night on an island. I believe this is still true because the island I set up my camp on actually had shallow water leading up to it. So I scared quit twice because after I got attacked by a howling creepy lady, I was too scared to continue.

Fun game so far. I’d like to play it. I just have to die once so those things aren’t as terrifying anymore.

Still working my way through Fallen Order and it's been a looooooooooooong time since I had a game that needlessly wasted as much of my time as this one through the various platforming issues and traveling throughout a world. 

On 5/4/2023 at 11:53 AM, MacReady said:

I was also led to believe they could not swim so I was safe at night on an island. I believe this is still true because the island I set up my camp on actually had shallow water leading up to it. So I scared quit twice because after I got attacked by a howling creepy lady, I was too scared to continue.

Fun game so far. I’d like to play it. I just have to die once so those things aren’t as terrifying anymore.

Winter freezes the lake over and they can come across. FWIW. If you want to make a bridge do it in winter when the logs use the ice as support.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, nagahide13 said:

Winter freezes the lake over and they can come across. FWIW. If you want to make a bridge do it in winter when the logs use the ice as support.

Thanks for the tips, but I think I’m going to have to play it on Peaceful mode to get the hang of survival first. I wasn’t currently looking for much of a challenge gaming wise and I love the game, but I’m too busy right now in life to give it the time it deserves.

On 5/6/2023 at 5:58 PM, MacReady said:

Thanks for the tips, but I think I’m going to have to play it on Peaceful mode to get the hang of survival first. I wasn’t currently looking for much of a challenge gaming wise and I love the game, but I’m too busy right now in life to give it the time it deserves.

Feels like a minecraft game?

On 5/4/2023 at 2:53 PM, MacReady said:

co-op.

Redfall is pretty terribad. It's not THE WORST game in the world, especially if playing co-op, but I dont think there is a single redeeming quality about it. It's just a very below average game. It's best feature is that there is a working game somewhere in it.

I've played it the last two weeks with friends, then we discussed playing Halo Infinite so I launched it just to make sure the game is working and ready to play. Played Infinite for like 5 minutes. My god, I had forgotten that video games are actually fun to play.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, sjfja_fkdldjs said:

Redfall is pretty terribad. It's not THE WORST game in the world, especially if playing co-op, but I dont think there is a single redeeming quality about it. It's just a very below average game. It's best feature is that there is a working game somewhere in it.

Thank you. Yeah its terrible

The open world could work and the vampires are creepy

But nothing comes together and its just not fun