What video game are you playing?

On 3/10/2023 at 4:06 PM, Broncofan said:

I did, it was fine.   Kinda more of the same, and it did expand a bit on the storyline.    It certainly wasn't any harder than the rest of the game (because once you finish the Main Game, Outer Wilds is pretty much just extra content - true DLC).  

I'm so confused by this answer, were you talking about the same game? Outer Wilds is a standalone game. 

https://store.steampowered.com/app/753640/Outer_Wilds/

14 minutes ago, skywindO2 said:

I'm so confused by this answer, were you talking about the same game? Outer Wilds is a standalone game. 

https://store.steampowered.com/app/753640/Outer_Wilds/

It’s another expansion released later on - much like Left Behind for Last of Us.   It’s literally built as a first game expansion.   

Edited by Broncofan

On 3/17/2023 at 11:40 AM, Fresh Prince said:

Had anyone played Far Cry Primal? Always wanted to give it a shot and I have it ready to go when I get home from work.

Really loved that game.. I'd like to get back into the franchise, but there was one after Primal that killed it for me.. There was an element to the game where every once in awhile you got kidnapped and had to shoot your way out of the same drug-infused maze over and over again.. annoying af.

Anyways, yeah play Primal!

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, adamq said:

where every once in awhile you got kidnapped and had to shoot your way out of the same drug-infused maze over and over again.. annoying af.

lolol I forgot about this, Far Cry 5

I still need to finish that some day but the first couple times I was too stupid to realize you cannot get away and you just have to get kidnapped. I could be rememebering wrong but you can blow tons of ammo trying to fight but you HAVE to go down right? I'm pretty sure I got into a helicopter or something once like **** this **** and I got poison darted out of the sky or something stupid. Then I'm on the internet finding out "oh, you should just stand there and take it" bc he ******* story doesn't continue without it....(I think).

I almost bought FC6 today just because I saw it was on sale for PC for $18 but I hadn't finished the last one so meh.

ANYWAYS, Primal is cool af. I actually messed with a VR mod of it the other day for a bit and that was neat too. That being said, there isn't a ton of depth to it but whatever, it's a FC game.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Norm said:

still need to finish that some day but the first couple times I was too stupid to realize you cannot get away and you just have to get kidnapped. I could be rememebering wrong but you can blow tons of ammo trying to fight but you HAVE to go down right? I'm pretty sure I got into a helicopter or something once like **** this **** and I got poison darted out of the sky or something stupid. Then I'm on the internet finding out "oh, you should just stand there and take it" bc he ******* story doesn't continue without it....(I think)

EXACTLY. I quit and happily took whatever chump change Gamestop offered.. I never played 6 either because of that, may be time to download it (if that element of the game is gone)

Edited by adamq

3 hours ago, adamq said:

EXACTLY. I quit and happily took whatever chump change Gamestop offered.. I never played 6 either because of that, may be time to download it (if that element of the game is gone)

I know FC6 is generally not considered quite as good but AFAIK, it doesn't have anything that annoying in it. But it's the same FC formula it's been for a while. Which, IMO, is just way too much of the same tedious ****. But there's absolutely times in them where you can have a blast, I just think they try to drag them out way too long.

3 hours ago, adamq said:

I know FC6 is generally not considered quite as good but AFAIK, it doesn't have anything that annoying in it. But it's the same FC formula it's been for a while. Which, IMO, is just way too much of the same tedious ****. But there's absolutely times in them where you can have a blast, I just think they try to drag them out way too long.

• Like 1

On 3/26/2023 at 6:54 PM, Norm said:

lolol I forgot about this, Far Cry 5

I still need to finish that some day but the first couple times I was too stupid to realize you cannot get away and you just have to get kidnapped. I could be rememebering wrong but you can blow tons of ammo trying to fight but you HAVE to go down right? I'm pretty sure I got into a helicopter or something once like **** this **** and I got poison darted out of the sky or something stupid. Then I'm on the internet finding out "oh, you should just stand there and take it" bc he ******* story doesn't continue without it....(I think).

I almost bought FC6 today just because I saw it was on sale for PC for $18 but I hadn't finished the last one so meh.

ANYWAYS, Primal is cool af. I actually messed with a VR mod of it the other day for a bit and that was neat too. That being said, there isn't a ton of depth to it but whatever, it's a FC game.

Far Cry 5 was the first game of the series I played and actually liked it a lot 😂I played that game almost every day for a few weeks and beat it, thought the story was really good.

The missions did get a little redundant, but I feel like a lot of games suffer from that same thing and dont hold it against them. Playing Destiny 2 right now and after 300 hours, all of the battlegrounds/strikes feel the same.

If you like a game like that which is sorta survive behind enemy lines in a open world--give Generation Zero a shot. I loved that game and its cheap.

Edited by AkronsWitness

10 hours ago, AkronsWitness said:

Far Cry 5 was the first game of the series I played and actually liked it a lot 😂I played that game almost every day for a few weeks and beat it, thought the story was really good.

The missions did get a little redundant, but I feel like a lot of games suffer from that same thing and dont hold it against them. Playing Destiny 2 right now and after 300 hours, all of the battlegrounds/strikes feel the same.

If you like a game like that which is sorta survive behind enemy lines in a open world--give Generation Zero a shot. I loved that game and its cheap.

It's actually, going by my horrible memory, not as repetitive as the last two. But I'm "that guy." I think games are way too ******* long and just padded out too much. 

I hadn't heard of GZ, I'll look into it 

On a similar note I bought FC6 and played through basically the intro and I'm not exactly hooked but it seems cool anyways. About what I expected, but again, just the first hour, if even.