What video game are you playing?

• 4 weeks later...

Finally made my way back to restarting Red Dead Redemption II a month or so ago.

I bought it on release and put like 20 hours into it but got super busy for a couple months. Every time I went back to it I just felt lost, so just shelved it for years.

The first Redemption is one of my all time favorite games. So knew I’d always come into RDR2 with unfairly high expectations.

But having just finished the story, I was just blown away. What a masterpiece of a game. Everything was handled so beautifully on top of having a sandbox that you truly felt you were living in.

Always a special experience when you know a game is going to end up being like that and make its way into your all time list early while playing it.

Same with Arthur becoming one of my favorite protagonists of all time.

Better yet is how it works so well as a companion to the previous game. The stories are so entwined and you can play them in with order. But it heightens one of the all time best game narratives.

Glad I saved it until I had the time to just enjoy it and get lost in it with no breaks.

• Like 3

On 2/16/2024 at 9:04 PM, sjfja_fkdldjs said:

I'm assuming you've played Ni No Kuni 1 then. Personally, I felt 2 was a step down from 1, but nothing inherently bad, just didn't care for some of the gameplay changes.

I just started it 2 days ago. So far, I actually am really enjoying it. Just got into chapter 3. I don't know if they will stick with it, but I love the idea of him starting his own kingdom. It's a very Suikoden like narrative. Just had my first army battle, and that was another very Suikoden like mechanic. The characters are very JRPG cliche so far, but still pretty fun so far. 

• Like 1