What video game are you playing?

I've been replaying RDR 2 too.  My deepest playthrough since the game first came out.  And I think I appreciate the game a lot more now than I did when it first came out.  Just the perfect game to wind down on.  The level of detail is insane.  I went to a theater show in Saint Denis and they actually have a full, 20-30 minute performance for you to sit and watch.  And it is actually good! Just so easy to spend 1-2 hours on this game lost in the world.

It is definitely slow though.  So not for everyone.  And quite frankly that is why it took me so long to get a heavy playthrough in (I've went back to it in the past but could never stick with it due to how long it takes).  But it really is one of one.  

Either gonna play Sekiro or Elden Ring next. I've played Sekiro before but that game is just so damn hard lol

Edited by iknowcool
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, iknowcool said:

I've been replaying RDR 2 too.  My deepest playthrough since the game first came out.  And I think I appreciate the game a lot more now than I did when it first came out.  Just the perfect game to wind down on.  The level of detail is insane.  I went to a theater show in Saint Denis and they actually have a full, 20-30 minute performance for you to sit and watch.  And it is actually good! Just so easy to spend 1-2 hours on this game lost in the world.

It is definitely slow though.  So not for everyone.  And quite frankly that is why it took me so long to get a heavy playthrough in (I've went back to it in the past but could never stick with it due to how long it takes).  But it really is one of one.  

Either gonna play Sekiro or Elden Ring next. I've played Sekiro before but that game is just so damn hard lol

Go with Elden Ring imo. Sekiro is fantastic but you have one play style that works. So if you suck at parrying you won't have a good time, it's disrespectful to you 😂. Elden Ring you can make multiple play styles work and is way more welcoming to all skill levels 

• Like 2

On 12/27/2023 at 1:10 PM, Heimdallr said:

Finally started playing GTA V for the first time ever

Sorta disappointed with the lack of end game in GTA V. I did all 3 ending missions just for fun and then there is.... nothing? No other sidequests or meaningful activities. 

Also kinda weird you have more money than you ever need from the very beginning. 

Considering people have been playing this for ten years I expected more, but it must just be the online stuff.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Heimdallr said:

Sorta disappointed with the lack of end game in GTA V. I did all 3 ending missions just for fun and then there is.... nothing? No other sidequests or meaningful activities. 

Also kinda weird you have more money than you ever need from the very beginning. 

Considering people have been playing this for ten years I expected more, but it must just be the online stuff.

Agreed.  Even at the time, GTA's story/single-player felt underwhelming, sure the graphics were phenomenal but there wasn't a whole lot to do.  The decision to do 3 main characters held them back IMO.  They should have stuck to one protagonist and spent the extra time adding more side content to the game.  

I'm hoping a lot of the stuff we see in RDR2 is transferred over to GTA 6.  I'm optimistic that will be the case but we'll see.

I personally enjoyed GTA5 for what it was. I think people who bought the game to play online might as well take a day or two to beat the story, but I wouldn't tell people it's a must play or anything. As for it's longevity, it's 100% online play. I feel like half the people still playing the game may have never even played the story mode lol. All the side content is online.

On 1/17/2024 at 8:23 AM, Malfatron said:

Bored with far cry 6 already

I've only played 2 FC games and they seem like reskins of each other. I had a lot of fun with 5 and started having fun with 6 but was ready to be over with it by the time I was. I do suggest finishing the main story though. I found it to be pretty solid. Everything else was repetitive 

• Like 1

On 1/23/2024 at 11:15 AM, jetsfan4life51 said:

Anyone try Palworld yet?

Came here to post about it. Started it for the first time around 7:30. It’s 10:20 now and I was finally able to turn it off. It’s Breath of the Pokecraft and I’m addicted to it. 

I realize that doesn’t sound like much, but I hardly ever am able to sit down a play a game for hours like that anymore. Totally worth it. 

Edited by EvilenFroggen
  • Like 1