What video game are you playing?

@MacReadyPalworld is an open world survival crafting builder. Enshrouded is the same but not pokemon-esque or cartoony. I haven't tried it yet but it's next on my list and has great reviews. I'll occasionally play Rust on PVE servers since I play solo.

Rimworld is my all-time fallback. I think that it's currently one of the best games out there, but it's pretty much all a colony sim. If you liked Days gone have you tried Sekiro or Elden Ring?

Edited by nagahide13
  • Like 1

On 2/3/2024 at 9:45 PM, nagahide13 said:

Sekiro

Still the most underrated From game out there. I think it shows off the best of what From has to show. Challenging but fair combat, excellent boss designs, I think the map and enemy placement is the best of any game ever. I've beaten it now about 4 times and I suggest anyone give it a try. Its a shame so many gave up on it due to the usual Dark Souls combat not working. 

I just got done going back and doing a campaign of Total War Shogun 2. Game is the pinnacle of 4x mixed with RTS. I also decided to start the Yakuza series and I'm really enjoying Yakuza 0 so far. I can't believe i've slept on it for so long. 

Valkyrie Profile Elysium was pretty weak. Very disappointed. 

Trying to decide what to do next. Still have a bunch of old games that I've downloaded and are in the queue, but I also have a bunch of newer ones as well. 

Thinking I may go Ni no kuni 2. 

On 2/13/2024 at 5:16 PM, Forge said:

Valkyrie Profile Elysium was pretty weak. Very disappointed. 

Trying to decide what to do next. Still have a bunch of old games that I've downloaded and are in the queue, but I also have a bunch of newer ones as well. 

Thinking I may go Ni no kuni 2. 

I'm assuming you've played Ni No Kuni 1 then. Personally, I felt 2 was a step down from 1, but nothing inherently bad, just didn't care for some of the gameplay changes.

12 hours ago, sjfja_fkdldjs said:

I'm assuming you've played Ni No Kuni 1 then. Personally, I felt 2 was a step down from 1, but nothing inherently bad, just didn't care for some of the gameplay changes.

Yeah, I finished #1 earlier last year. 

The problem is that I'm still fried from DQ11 lol. Right now I'm playing NHL to just try and get the mojo back. I may go with another shorter esque game like Valykrie Profile just so I don't get burnt out 

Helldivers 2 is so much fun. If you want to squad up and strategize to do objectives, you can. If you want to unplug your brain and just blow stuff up, you can. If you want to horse around with the boys and see who can meme on each other the hardest, you can. 

Nightingale. It's weird. The setting and environment are incredible... but there's just so much wrong. Always online? Whatever. Bad, but I'm getting used to it. It's reviewing pretty poorly and I can see why. It's also very slow paced.

There is a completely game-breaking bug about an hour in at the end of the tutorial. A portal simply doesn't open for a large portion of the playerbase and there is NO FIX. You have to start an entirely new character and hope it doesn't happen again. It only took me two tries, but still, that's pretty terrible. It's been known about for almost a year in pre-alpha and they released it anyway.

I love early access, but that should actually mean something. It should be completely functional. You shouldn't just be releasing broken games you could have already fixed and leaving them on early access for years on end. It'd be pretty sweet if Steam put a cap on early access... A year or two. I don't have a lot of faith that many of these studios are actually using sales to fund development on the game. A lot are but some really take advantage.

8 hours ago, nagahide13 said:

Nightingale. It's weird. The setting and environment are incredible... but there's just so much wrong. Always online? Whatever. Bad, but I'm getting used to it. It's reviewing pretty poorly and I can see why. It's also very slow paced.

There is a completely game-breaking bug about an hour in at the end of the tutorial. A portal simply doesn't open for a large portion of the playerbase and there is NO FIX. You have to start an entirely new character and hope it doesn't happen again. It only took me two tries, but still, that's pretty terrible. It's been known about for almost a year in pre-alpha and they released it anyway.

I love early access, but that should actually mean something. It should be completely functional. You shouldn't just be releasing broken games you could have already fixed and leaving them on early access for years on end. It'd be pretty sweet if Steam put a cap on early access... A year or two. I don't have a lot of faith that many of these studios are actually using sales to fund development on the game. A lot are but some really take advantage.

Is that Shaw in The Sting? Or a different movie?

• Like 1

I tried They Are Billions from a recommendation from somebody here.

Ten years ago I would have sunk years of my life into a game like that.

Now I lost interest at the learning part.

I am too old for video games it seems. I don’t want any learning curves or anything too difficult.

And this is why I think I’m a Nintendo guy for the rest of my life. I have been considering getting an Xbox Series X, but that would be just for Starfield and the new Bethesda games as they come out. If it’s even still Bethesda.

Pikmin 4 was the last major release video game I actually managed to finish. Perfect in its simplicity, and it’s just challenging enough if you have to make sure you finish the game without a single Pikmin dying.

Now I am playing Mushroom Wars 2. It’s that kind of simple, easy to learn real time strategy game I love.

I’ve been considering getting that RTS Aliens game. Dark Descent I think it’s called. Too nervous there will be too much of a learning curve that I’ll lose interest and shut it off.

2 hours ago, MacReady said:

I tried They Are Billions from a recommendation from somebody here.

Ten years ago I would have sunk years of my life into a game like that.

Now I lost interest at the learning part.

I am too old for video games it seems. I don’t want any learning curves or anything too difficult.

That was me. What part are you struggling with