What video game are you playing?

14 hours ago, jetsfan4life51 said:

I played for like 4 hours straight last night since I got out of work early. Wow it’s addicting and fun.

I got me a Lifmunk, kinda looks like a green Espeon. You can get an accessory that will let it sit on your head and shoot an SMG. This is the best game ever made. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, EvilenFroggen said:

I got me a Lifmunk, kinda looks like a green Espeon. You can get an accessory that will let it sit on your head and shoot an SMG. This is the best game ever made. 

My Fox is a flamethrower it’s great! I suck at battling but I still love it. I beat one alpha boss or whatever out in the open but I’m getting wiped by dungeon bosses and other alphas. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, jetsfan4life51 said:

My Fox is a flamethrower it’s great! I suck at battling but I still love it. I beat one alpha boss or whatever out in the open but I’m getting wiped by dungeon bosses and other alphas. 

Don’t go after the Rayne boss any time soon. That psycho is not playing around. 

Palworld is a blast. I've been playing way too much. There's an exploit that allows you to tame the tower bosses. I tamed the Rayne tower boss at level 11 and have been using (her? them?) as my main pet for most of the game. Super powerful. One problem with that is that I haven't used too many other pals for combat, so using those boss pals might limit the experience. I'm a pretty big fan of Bushi though.

I can't believe Pokemon didn't do this without the guns years ago. Their refusal to do so is pretty much the only reason this game even has a market.

• Like 2

Dropped like 150 hours into Dragon Quest 11. Man those JRPGs will suck the life out of you. 

Have moved on to Valkyrie Profile Elysium. The first one was unique, and though it wasn't one of my favorites back  on the psx days, it was memorable. 

I actually really loved the second one. This one is sort of lacking. I feel like it's not going to take very long to beat and so far has been very wash, rinse repeat.  Not sure if the story is going to blossom or what. 

It seems like all the games I'm interested in at this point in my life are either on the Switch or an Xbox exclusive.

I'm looking at all these RPGs that are Xbox exclusive and I'm wondering if it's time I get myself an Xbox.

I have zero interest in action games or non-open world games. I've still never played The Last of Us, but Days Gone is one of my all-time favorite games. I think the only type of game I would ever be able to sink hours into again would be Fallout 4. I liked GTA well enough, but didn't love it.

I want games that have multiple elements I can get distracted by. Something like Fallout 4 is perfect for me because when I got sick of settlement building I could work on completing my Bobblehead collection and leveling up and completing side missions and working towards millionaire status.

It also seems like all of the best bang for your buck is on ancient systems. The Fable series seems to have so much more content than anything coming out right now. So I'm also considering just going back to my original Xbox and getting some of the games I used to love. It had so many games. It also had so many real time strategy games, too.

I cannot get into Red Dead Redemption. I just get so damn irritated with it being so closed early on that I can't get past the introduction.

All I can play these days are games like Pikmin or Jurassic World. Strategy or simulation. Or Madden.

Then there are games like Subnautica that would be perfect for me if there was some kind of story element and if it wasn't so complicated. I'm terrible with direction in life and in video games, so it's impossible for me to make much progress in Subnautica since I'm really bad at remembering my sense of direction.

I usually love each and every new side scrolling Mario game, but I was not very impressed with Wonder.