What video game are you playing?

On 11/9/2023 at 9:51 AM, rob_shadows said:

Destiny 2 is still in rookie numbers. 

Stellaris has released 15 total paid content packs

EU4  has released 21 

CK2 had like 15+

No one does predatorial DLC quite like Paradox

I have grown to despise games like that. I knew games like COD had DLC which ultimately turned it into a $100 game, but D2 absolutly ruined me. Paying $70 each year for new DLC for a game that is 8 years old never sat well with me.

After 1.5 years and about $150 I decided to stop forever (though I was having fun)

2 hours ago, AkronsWitness said:

I have grown to despise games like that. I knew games like COD had DLC which ultimately turned it into a $100 game, but D2 absolutly ruined me. Paying $70 each year for new DLC for a game that is 8 years old never sat well with me.

After 1.5 years and about $150 I decided to stop forever (though I was having fun)

Yeah it's so bad that paradox made a monthly subscription option to play EU4 and all DLCs instead of having to pay the ridiculous amount to buy them all.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, AkronsWitness said:

Add Total War: Warhammer to the list. Immortal Empires is the only reason most play the game and to actually be able to play every faction/lord you need to buy Warhammer 1, Warhammer 2, Warhammer 3, and  24 DLCS.....

On 11/6/2023 at 6:54 PM, Supersuavesky said:

Back on my Xcom BS

I've been tempted to fire back up XCom 2.  Man I loved the first one.   XC2 seemed to ramp up the difficulty and I never liked that timer BS.  In fact, I think I got a mod to remove the timer.   I know, that supposedly makes it too easy, but, rushed tactics never floated my boat.

• Like 1

Fallen into “I’ll play Road to The Show as myself on easy and rewrite all the record books” again

Doing that and listening to podcasts is about all I have bandwidth to do at the moment.

When I’m done this project I’ll get back to Phantom Liberty, Baldur’s Gate, etc next year.