What video game are you playing?

37 minutes ago, AkronsWitness said:

ebay my man they are all over on the resell market. Ebay is always my #1 place for anything electronic because you can also get crazy discounts from 'open box' items. 

https://tinyurl.com/42yw4r5c

I'm not in any kind of rush to pay a premium for it.  I'll just wait until its in stock for MSRP.  Until then, I can just play the same way I always have.  

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 12/15/2023 at 10:35 AM, NickButera said:

Just a few days ago. It's supposed to arrive between the 17th-21st. But it hasn't shipped yet. When they got their restock it was easy to get one, as long as yuo had a tracker notification and clicked it as soon as it came up 😄 They dumped a ton of them in around a 6 hour time frame. 

Finally got one Friday.  They had them at Walmart behind the counter as returns instead of out in the displays.  I love it so far.  Well worth $200, for me.  Just hoping for an official case/screen protector from PS soon.  As great as it is to have as a dad with young kids, my toddler has become infatuated with it, so I think I'm on borrowed time before she gets her hands on it, when I'm not paying attention, and cracks the screen or gunks it up with whatever might be on her hands at the moment haha.  

She's in a big Paw Patrol phase, so I downloaded the game on PS+ and she loves playing that.  More accurately, watching me play it.  We can only get one level in before she gets like a stimulation overload, and I have to move her away from the portal and on to something else.  

1 hour ago, OkeyDoke21 said:

Finally got one Friday.  They had them at Walmart behind the counter as returns instead of out in the displays.  I love it so far.  Well worth $200, for me.  Just hoping for an official case/screen protector from PS soon.  As great as it is to have as a dad with young kids, my toddler has become infatuated with it, so I think I'm on borrowed time before she gets her hands on it, when I'm not paying attention, and cracks the screen or gunks it up with whatever might be on her hands at the moment haha.  

She's in a big Paw Patrol phase, so I downloaded the game on PS+ and she loves playing that.  More accurately, watching me play it.  We can only get one level in before she gets like a stimulation overload, and I have to move her away from the portal and on to something else.  

It's been amazing, but I've found it doesn't work the best with Mesh systems. It works best when on the same Mesh node the PS5 is one, otherwise I can get a few lag moments every now and then. I heard if you just have a simple decent router setup it works flawlessly. 

Also been using it to stream shows sometimes, haven't heard anyone talk about it but that's been a nice feature. 

On 1/1/2024 at 10:06 PM, AkronsWitness said:

Better than 5? I was thinking about giving it a run. I loved 5

I LOVED 5. One of my top 5 favorite games. Wasn't a fan of 6 other than the gameplay. Story was eh. Characters were super memorable in 5 but in 6 they were extremally forgettable other than like maybe 1 or 2. Worst part was the writing, they added a lot of cringe dialogue and humor that reminded me of stuff you would hear in Fortnite.

25 minutes ago, french t0ast said:

I LOVED 5. One of my top 5 favorite games. Wasn't a fan of 6 other than the gameplay. Story was eh. Characters were super memorable in 5 but in 6 they were extremally forgettable other than like maybe 1 or 2. Worst part was the writing, they added a lot of cringe dialogue and humor that reminded me of stuff you would hear in Fortnite.

Gross lol I remember hearing a lot of people were upset with 5 for some reason but man when I played it, the game had my full attention for about 5-6 weeks.

The ONLY part I would have liked to see an enhancement with would have been a better use of co-op. It kinda felt like a afterthought/late addition. I hated the whole 'This is my save profile, that is your save profile' stuff.

Edited by AkronsWitness

Been years since I played, but my sons 9 now so he and I have been playing Madden and now he’s got me playing Fortnite.  I can’t build for ****, but my COD and Battlefront days make me a monster on the “no build” format

This is the last damn time I try Red Dead Redemption 2.

My biggest pet peeve in video games are quests where you have to follow slow people on a mission. I’ve been told numerous times the game opens up after the beginning, but I’m about ready to just quit this.

So irritating.

• Like 2

On 12/30/2023 at 11:16 PM, Malfatron said:

Far Cry 6 is pretty fun

****.  There's 6 of them now?

I've had 5 sitting on a shelf waiting to be played for years now.  Idk why i've never got around to it.  It's installed on my XBox and when i turn it on every few months i update the game or whatever, along with all the other things i don't get around to playing.

3 and 4 were so dope.  Loved it.  Was kind of wary about the way they supposedly changed up some of the mechanics for 5.  But always meant to get to it.  Just realized it's a thing that i'll want to really binge through.  Never seem to have that kind of time to just sit down and do nothing but play a videogame anymore.

I really should try to make more time to just sit down and play a game again.  Used to be such a great release from everything else.  But these days, i always find myself multitasking.  Which isn't really conducive to videogames.  idk where the time evaporated to.