What video game are you playing?

2 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

That was me. What part are you struggling with 

Didn’t really struggle with it I just didn’t want to go through the training part. I’ll go back to it at some point. Maybe. I’m just sick AF right now and wanted an instant immersion, no learning, no thinking type strategy game to come off Pikmin 4.

The only thing I struggled with was I couldn’t seem to find the zombies when they were attacking on the very first mission. I’d hear them, but by the time I figured out where they were they already wrecked something.

1 hour ago, MacReady said:

Didn’t really struggle with it I just didn’t want to go through the training part. I’ll go back to it at some point. Maybe. I’m just sick AF right now and wanted an instant immersion, no learning, no thinking type strategy game to come off Pikmin 4.

The only thing I struggled with was I couldn’t seem to find the zombies when they were attacking on the very first mission. I’d hear them, but by the time I figured out where they were they already wrecked something.

They actually added the single campaign latter on. The game was originally just designed as an open sandbox survival game. I would play a few open sandbox games first to learn the game. The campaign is designed to cause you hiccups you have to overcome. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, MKnight82 said:

They actually added the single campaign latter on. The game was originally just designed as an open sandbox survival game. I would play a few open sandbox games first to learn the game. The campaign is designed to cause you hiccups you have to overcome. 

That might actually be more my thing. I’ll give it a try after I finish Mushroom Wars. Thanks.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Shockwave said:

Grabbed Roguebook from the PSP vault on Friday... "Huh this looks interesting... like Slay the Spire on steroids"... instantly addicted... weekend gone. 

I'll have to check this out, I've been on a huge roguelike(lite?) kick lately.  Spellrogue is really fun but I've been playing Tiny Rogues a ton, it's one of the best games I've played in a while.  

28 minutes ago, flyers0909 said:

I'll have to check this out, I've been on a huge roguelike(lite?) kick lately.  Spellrogue is really fun but I've been playing Tiny Rogues a ton, it's one of the best games I've played in a while.  

Prior to this Slay the Spire was the only Rogue type game I had ever played. I've put nearly 500 hours into it and I am absolutely stuck on ascension 19 with my characters and just cannot get over the hump. So needed something different. What is cool about Roguebook is you have 4 characters and take two into battle and they can swap back and forth so it makes for alot of cool strategy.

I'll check out the other ones you mentioned

On 2/25/2024 at 1:49 PM, MKnight82 said:

Are ya'll playing (They are Billions) on a console or PC?

Anybody else cant wait to play WWE 2K24 this week?  I'm giving the series another chance.  2K23 was a flop to me.  This year's game has me intrigued with the new match types, 40 years of Wrestlemania mode and the Myrise storyline.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Texansfan713 said:

Anybody else cant wait to play WWE 2K24 this week?  I'm giving the series another chance.  2K23 was a flop to me.  This year's game has me intrigued with the new match types, 40 years of Wrestlemania mode and the Myrise storyline.

The game is awesome.  I will say if you didn't like 2K23 then I can't promise you will like this one.  They took 2K23 and made a LOT of quality-of-life improvements to it.  Tag team matches is near the top of that list.  You can direct your partners to attack the opponent, grab a table, get a weapon, and more!  And you can tell with a lot of the changes that they were listening to their fanbase.  They added damn near everything people asked for.  

In many ways it brings me back to SmackDown Here Comes The Pain because there is so much to do.  From what I have played, this is definitely the best in the 2K series of games.  And one of the best rosters ever of any WWE game (especially after all the DLC comes out).

I haven't played MyRise yet (waiting until the weekend because it takes me like 5 hours to create-a-character) but I've heard nothing but great things about it so far.  

Edited by iknowcool
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/13/2024 at 1:06 PM, MKnight82 said:

Does anyone have a steam deck? What are your thoughts on it? 

I'd also like to hear... I did a little research on them and other similar devices a while back, but prices seemed pretty steep 

1 hour ago, adamq said:

I'd also like to hear... I did a little research on them and other similar devices a while back, but prices seemed pretty steep 

Idk their top of the line one is $600 and that’s less than a solid gaming pc or laptop 

2 hours ago, adamq said:

If you want a portable gaming machine that runs 100% of games, Windows laptop or a handheld.
If you exclusively play on steam and don't mind tinkering and expecting like 85% of games to work, Steam deck (OLED for the better battery life and screen) But $399 is still a steal for what is basically a PS4 level handheld with a full fat desktop OS (Linux not windows) 
If you want a portable gaming machine that runs windows, I'd say the ROG Ally just because it's the one Microsoft is backing and well who makes windows? Still can't go wrong with some of the other options if you get a better deal/prefer a certain manufacturer. They're all **** on battery life except the steam deck which is like 3-8 hours for 2D pixel games or minecraft. 2 hours for AAA games lol.

1 hour ago, MKnight82 said:

Idk their top of the line one is $600 and that’s less than a solid gaming pc or laptop 

You can get a solid gaming PC or laptop for under $600 if you go used or go deal hunting. But steam deck/handheld PC is purely for gamers who also wanna dock, it's nice but honestly gaming laptop just because it's more bang for your buck and can be a full fat computer without all the extra hassle of everything else.

Laptop is harder but deals happen and I saw a $1,600 laptop for $699 on sale because it was a last year's model. 

Desktop $600-800 new will get you a solid PC. Monitor, keyboard, mouse not included. 

TLDR; Just wanna game without hassle? ROG ally, gaming exclusively on steam? Steam Deck, Prefer power or mostly game from home? Desktop. Laptop for the best of both worlds since you can do everything.

$399 is a solid entry price for the steam deck but honestly just get a $700-800 gaming laptop if it's within your budger or the handheld if you prefer that form factor.

• Like 1