Khalil Mack traded to the Bears (Page 19)

RaidersAreOne

Just now, raidr4life said:

I actually watched Trubisky play a few good games last year, so you might be eating these words, just saying man.

He's just trolling because he's upset about the trade.  Raiders fans certainly have a right to be upset about it and the rest of whats happened today.  I hope you guys still manage to do well and turn those pics into something worthwhile. 

1 minute ago, TankWilliams said:

He's just trolling because he's upset about the trade.  Raiders fans certainly have a right to be upset about it and the rest of whats happened today.  I hope you guys still manage to do well and turn those pics into something worthwhile. 

I hope you guys can find a QB in the next 50 years, then you may have a chance at sniffing the playoffs. 

One word... Trabinksia 

1 hour ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

I get that losing Mack sucks and hurts the team this year.  What you guys don't fully understand is that a team should not pay a non QB 23 plus million when you have a QB under contract making 20.  Trust me Carr is much more critical to this team than Mack was.  A 20 million dollar non QB severely handicaps depth, FA and imagine if that that 20 million dollar DE gets severely injured, the team is serious trouble.  The only teams that are able to pay players like Mack big time money are teams with young QB's on rookie contracts.  

Now all the garbage comes out that Gruden has lost his mind, MD doesn't have money to pay and the Raiders are a dysfunctional franchise once again.  Blah, blah balh, all trash and nonsense.  Average fans are hurt, I get it and Mack is a hell of a player but let's say the Bears are terrible which I fully expect them to be and we land Bosa.  That would be a great move, we get a 21 year old apparent stud on a super friendly contract for the next 4 or 5 years.  I'm not saying Bosa is Mack but you get what I am saying.  If the NFL didn't have a salary cap I would be furious with this move but football is a business first and from a business prospective moving Mack makes sense as bad as it stings.  

AD was a totally different situation for the Rams bc Goff's rookie contract is team friendly for the next few seasons and by that time he gets paid AD will be 31 and they can cut bait with him.  If Goff had a contract like Carr I can assure you the Rams would have had to move AD.

I think you're pretty much spot on, it's hard to pay 2 players close to 50M/Y especially when you've been getting almost nothing from your last 3 drafts.You need a solid roster around those 2 to be able to compete and you can't do it if you don't have cap room and your draft classes aren't producing.

I think Mack is a better player than Carr but obviously QB is more valuable. The Raiders were in a unique situation having to pay 2 guys from the same draft class elite money. They made it even harder when they extended Gabe at the top of the G market. That would have been 3 players from one class getting top 5 money at their position on one team! Had the Raiders prioritized re-signing Mack in 2017 over Gabe, they could have re-signed him around 20M/Y. Having 2 Gs making 10M+/Y on top of a QB at 25M+ is extremely questionable.

Just now, oakdb36 said:

I think you're pretty much spot on, it's hard to pay 2 players close to 50M/Y especially when you've been getting almost nothing from your last 3 drafts.You need a solid roster around those 2 to be able to compete and you can't do it if you don't have cap room and your draft classes aren't producing.

I think Mack is a better player than Carr but obviously QB is more valuable. The Raiders were in a unique situation having to pay 2 guys from the same draft class elite money. They made it even harder when they extended Gabe at the top of the G market. That would have been 3 players from one class getting top 5 money at their position on one team! Had the Raiders prioritized re-signing Mack in 2017 over Gabe, they could have re-signed him around 20M/Y. Having 2 Gs making 10M+/Y on top of a QB at 25M+ is extremely questionable.

Spot on and you're exactly right.  

2 minutes ago, SimonGruber said:

Have you thrown back a few or what my dude lol

I just find it remarkable that someone comes in here looking for trouble when they will be paying a DE 25 million and their starting QB is Trbinskka...  

I will admit that I was very optimistic for the 2018 season but after today my expectations have been revised.  

29 minutes ago, oakdb36 said:

But the Rams just paid Gurley, Donald, and Cooks plus gave Suh 14M for 1 year

5 minutes ago, NickButera said:

What's wrong with you. There's no better time for a raider fan to drink than right now. Tbh, I'm more upset about Bryant. 

I agree 100 percent and I'm about to crack open a cold one.  Not sure if it will do the trick but it cant hurt....  I thought Bryant would ball out in Oakland.  now one can only imagine what could have been with all of that wasted talent.  He has elite skills and a .50 head on his shoulders.  Cutting MB stings way more than losing mack...

Archived