Khalil Mack traded to the Bears (Page 19)

RaidersAreOne

56 minutes ago, Dessie said:

KO has no guaranteed money so we could have restructured his deal to make it more cap friendly couldn’t we? 

More cap friendly for one year but less cap friendly for the rest of his contract. We could have structured Mack's deal to fit under our current cap room for 2018 but the issue is long term cap flexibility.

14 minutes ago, Totty said:

Enjoy the new crib in Chi-town Mr. Mack.  You deserve it.  And be glad you got out when you did. 

It was like Raiders Headquarters was invaded and everyone was being slaughtered. With a last ditch effort they mánaged to get Mack out alive. Basically the red wedding with Rob getting out. 

32 minutes ago, oakdb36 said:

More cap friendly for one year but less cap friendly for the rest of his contract. We could have structured Mack's deal to fit under our current cap room for 2018 but the issue is long term cap flexibility.

Cap gets increased every year, it would be difficult but not impossible. For someone like Mack you make it happen. He was our best player.

4 minutes ago, Dessie said:

Cap gets increased every year, it would be difficult but not impossible. For someone like Mack you make it happen. He was our best player.

We could find a way to keep Mack at any cost but it would also mean we don't have anything left to surround him with talent. Is it better to have one elite player surrounded by average players or multiple good players (none as good as Mack)? We'll see what works best.

I agree and I am a huge Mack fan. He is an amazing talent but our defense has still been awful. What happens if Conley stays healthy and reaches his potential? Then we wouldn’t be able to pay him. Going to be hard to surround him with talent when he is making that much.I think throwing away a third for Bryant is more frustrating. 

Hopefully the teams love for key translates to the field and he keeps himself clean. 

The biggest issue I have with the deal is giving up a second, but when was the last time a player was traded for two firsts? We will have two first rounders both of the next two years. I understand there are no guarantees there,  but it wasn’t as bad of compensation as I thought it would be.

Archived