Khalil Mack traded to the Bears (Page 19)

RaidersAreOne

1 minute ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

This is now getting laughable.  Franchise QB's are easy to find?  You can not be serious and because they're so hard to find you see teams mortgage their futures for the opportunity to potentially land one in a draft.  You never see a team trade multiple first round picks for a D player, until the Bears just did.  We will see how many rings that brings them in the next 5 years.  

Cutting Carr and keeping Mack has to be the most ridiculous thing I have ever heard and let me ask you one simple question for all the homers out there.  When was the last time a DE or LB has put a team on their shoulders and won a super bowl?  QB's on the other hand....

Uhh Von Miller won basically every Denver playoff game in 2015. 

And I never said cut Carr. You're twisting words for your narrative. You're emotionally attached to Carr, just like most were emotionally attached to Mack here. You don't know if Carr is a Franchise QB and you don't know if Mack would of helped our team in the long run. For all you know we have four 7-8 win seasons in a row with terrible depth on the roster paying two guys 50M. 

1 hour ago, BayRaider said:

None of us know if Carr is a Franchise QB. 

And I'm saying QBs in drafts are getting better and better. 

Wait what? Are the prospects better or is it easier to identify a franchise guy?

if it’s the first one that doesn’t really track. Since Carr came out the only great franchise level QB has been Wentz. Everyone else has been middle of the road because it’s still the older guy who run the league with Wilson and Wentz being on the younger end. Watson had a few good games but there’s no guarantee he can keep it up.  The numbers are better for some QBs but that’s a byproduct of rules favoring the offense.

If it’s the second why are QBs busting out?

3 hours ago, BayRaider said:

Sorry I should of been more accurate. Carr gets what is known as "happy feet" when pressure is getting through. A scouts worse nightmare. That's the real reason he was a 2nd Round Pick, not cause of his brother. As long as you put a top tier line around him though, he can always play like a Top 5-10 QB. 

Carr played well against pressure in 2016 but struggled in 2017. A lot of that is likely due to his injury and our terrible play calling. 

18 hours ago, daineraider said:

No one here will ever say Khalil who.  That would be great it Key wins DROY, but that would be even more amazing to have them playing together.  

Mack was my fav Raider since Bo Jackson, this is going to piss me off for several years, regardless of how well we may do.

I completely understand where you're coming from. I looked at Mack and Carr as a/the team and other players will take note of their hard work and leadership and learn from PROS because that's what they are. One on Offense and one on Defense. Now the Bears will benefit from it and our team will have it in the back of their minds this season. Then Gruden will weed out those not on board and pick up vets and...Wait is Gruden Al?!? 

EDIT: Carr's faults are like Favre's he gets excited to start games which makes him inaccurate. By the 4th he's NAILS. His happy feet will continue due to brakeing his leg and back in back to back seasons. Carr is emotional. He and Mack are best friends and if they face each other Carr would be more effected than Mack. Mack would cry after hurting Carr and Carr would say it's God's will.

Honestly we 'have hope' this season as the D is a lot better looking but to lose the best player right before the season starts is really bad. 

EDIT also: I think Every 100 mil D player will be cut or retire. Even Watt...exception might be Von Miller. The big numbers is all about the agent. This off-season will create a sink hole of contracts. Cousins get 100% no matter what. Donald shatters record to have Mack get traded and break that one. I need to become an agent and just point to those 3 guys and say hold out I'll show you the money. At some point it will implode. We did the right thing by both the player and the Raiders. Personally I'd keep him on the 5th year and franchise him twice if I was pissed and in charge. I think everybody wanted Mack to remain a Raider except his agent. In a few years if all the 100 mil D's get cut then maybe the players push their agents for 100% contracts, even if they're pid less at least they have stability if married with a family. Single guy just ball out and move. LOL

6 hours ago, BayRaider said:

Uhh Von Miller won basically every Denver playoff game in 2015. 

And I never said cut Carr. You're twisting words for your narrative. You're emotionally attached to Carr, just like most were emotionally attached to Mack here. You don't know if Carr is a Franchise QB and you don't know if Mack would of helped our team in the long run. For all you know we have four 7-8 win seasons in a row with terrible depth on the roster paying two guys 50M. 

No he didn't. Denver had an elite defense. Not one player. Two all pro corners, Malik jackson, Ware, and Wolfe on the DL. Worst narrative of this lifetime.

6 minutes ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

No he didn't. Denver had an elite defense. Not one player. Two all pro corners, Malik jackson, Ware, and Wolfe on the DL. Worst narrative of this lifetime.

Why did they have an elite defense? Did it have anything to do with Von Miller being on a rookie contract?

1 hour ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

Don’t forget they also had son of bum coaching them as well. 

http://www.optimumscouting.com/news/three-takeaways-from-nfl-agents-on-the-khalil-mack

Truth be told, many believed that the Raiders could have inked Mack to a deal if Carr was further along in his contract, so that the team did not have as much dead cap locked into the two players. I was told over and over that it was the guarantees, not the cash flow, that likely forced this move. One agent said, “If two helmets hit knees the wrong way, Oakland is on the hook for 2-14 for four years [had] they signed Mack.”

30 minutes ago, oakdb36 said:

Guaranteed contracts are the wave of the future, the Nfl can fight if they want but its going to happen. And of all the guys to commit to Mack is the guy, squeaky clean and injury free, I guess the Raiders never plan on keeping GREAT players again?

There was a interesting Article showing how John Randle And Bruce Smith were paid upwards of 12% of their teams salary cap back in 2001, and at 23.5m and a projected cap of 190m next year Mack would have made 12.3% and Mack is a better player all-round player than Randle was. This situation makes no sense Mack asked for Market rate under the current conditions for Elite HOF level talent. 

This was just a flat out stupid move that was completely illogical. The salary cap is not going down for every company that wants out of the NFL business they're a 100 waiting to take the spot. Gruden needs to modernize his way of thinking this is 2018-2019 and the money is bigger.

A part of me feels he is sabotaging the team to lower expectations and establish dominance which be fine if that was actually part of a plan but we all know it's not.

1 hour ago, Nodisrespect said:

A part of me feels he is sabotaging the team to lower expectations and establish dominance which be fine if that was actually part of a plan but we all know it's not.

He clearly didn't like the roster that Reggie had built here and wanted to accelerate the rebuild by adding two additional first round picks. 

18 minutes ago, justwinbaby81 said:

If you look at the situation building in Pittsburgh I think you can see why they didn't want to wait.

Not the same. Mack wouldnt had miss games. Steelers been screwing over bell for like 3 years. While having a huge usage. 

Archived