What would you offer for Khalil Mack?

Humble_Beast

33 minutes ago, Nabbs4u said:

If that's the Raiders "end game" in negotiations , then I hope Mack pulls a Vincent Jackson for 10 weeks.

All I keep reading is concensus top 3 defensive player yet like Donald neither Franchise is in a hurry to spend that $100+M? If their own Franchises are hesitant what on Earth makes any of you think other Organizations would be willing to do that plus the Rediculous amounts of Picks for such a talent?

Any trade "because" of that looming massive contract would come at a discounted rate. Raiders would never get multiple first, that's a pipe dream. Or the GM trading for him is an idiot.

It's basically the LB version of Cousins and Washington, pick compensation was never going to be adequate.

The 10 week thing is risky though too....any little infraction, and the Raiders can be petty and deactivate him for a week and he doesn't get the service time. I think the Browns did that with Josh Gordon a few years ago. I don't know how that could effect Mack in the long run (I know in Gordon's case, it made him an RFA rather than a UFA, but I don't think that is a question with Mack).

Also, the problem with that for Mack in sitting out is that realistically, the Raiders still have his rights for multiple years. I don't know where he sits on the tag tender (defensive end or outside linebacker), so I'm not quite sure what the tag amount for him would be, but if he's labeled a defensive end, I think this year that was 17 million. Slight increase next year puts him at 18 million at most (and that's assuming he's categorized as a DE; as an OLB it would be even less), and then a 120% increase the following year gives him 21.6. So the raiders get him for 2 more at 39-40 million at most, and then he's entering age 30 and they can largely just walk away to be honest. 2 years 40 million for Mack is fine to me, and I would assume that it would be for the Raiders as well. That's a ton of money for Mack to give up as well. I think in the end you do what Cousins did, swallow your anger, play it out and collect your paychecks. 

There's no question that a team will be willing to give him money. How much money? I have no idea. But the Giants gave Vernon 17m apy, Chandler jones got 16.5, Von Miller is over 19 APY. Someone will give the money, that is not debatable. Is it going to be 20-21? I don't know about that, but someone will be willing to pony up a lot of cash (19 - 20 isn't unreasonable to see happening), so for me, that isn't even a question. I do agree that the trade will come at a discounted rate because I think that there is going to be a very limited market, but there should be a couple of teams, I would think, so there is some marketability there. 

LIS earlier, would I give the two first round picks that most of the 49er forum is willing to give for him? No, I don't think so. I just dont' think the market will be big enough to offer that up.  I think he's worth that (even with having to sign him to that contract), but I just don't think the trade market will be big enough to push the value that high. I'm fine with a first / second / and maybe a conditional as a sweetener, and I think that gets it done quite easily in the end unless they just decide not to trade him.  You may not even have to go that high. But I don't think anyone else is beating that offer. 

32 minutes ago, RaidersAreOne said:

I hope it's just the media being... the media, but god damn I would be sick if we traded a player who has the potential to be the best in franchise history.

Yeah, I don't think there's any real trade talk going on. Just the espn article about who's most likely to be traded for each team. I haven't heard anything yet about the Raiders actively shopping him or teams actively looking to trade for him at this point. Could just be a matter of time though which sucks for Raiders fans because I don't think that there's any way the team gets his worth back in trade. I don't think that two first round picks is coming back or anything. 

Just now, Forge said:

Could just be a matter of time though which sucks for Raiders fans because I don't think that there's any way the team gets his worth back in trade. I don't think that two first round picks is coming back or anything. 

I agree completely. As a player, he is worth a hell of a lot. But due to his massive incoming contract the amount of teams willing to give up good value will be minimal. It'll have to be a near contender with a very small window imo.

On 8/4/2018 at 4:20 PM, Packerraymond said:

With the Packers you'd have to run it by Aaron first as he'd have to make sacrifices in his new contract to bring in Mack and give him a long term deal.

If he gave it the green light I'd offer the higher of the 2 firsts we end up with this year, a conditional pick ranging from a 1st to 4th next year tied into Mack's performance and also team success and Clay Matthews because I'm sure an old former Gruden grinder would get his blood pumping, and the 10+ mil he would free up we could use to dump a lot of Mack's cap hit in year 1. Then maybe wait and do Aaron's deal next year.

Yeah, a team like GB should be calling Reggie if Mack is truly on the trading block. Two first round picks is fair and it doesn't kill GB if Rodgers is healthy since they will be picking in the the late twenties. Now, if I were Oakland I wouldn't do it. 27 year old elite pass-rushers don't grow on trees and the Raiders need all the defensive help they can get. 

54 minutes ago, game3525 said:

Yeah, a team like GB should be calling Reggie if Mack is truly on the trading block. Two first round picks is fair and it doesn't kill GB if Rodgers is healthy since they will be picking in the the late twenties. Now, if I were Oakland I wouldn't do it. 27 year old elite pass-rushers don't grow on trees and the Raiders need all the defensive help they can get. 

this is true.. Raiders keep drafting flops on defense too lol. they finally hit on a pick and now acting cheap..lmao... this franchise sometimes O.o

9 minutes ago, Forge said:

Jared Allen went for a first, two thirds and a swap of sixths in a similar situation in my opinion. I don't know that Mack Yields more than that

Wasn't Allen coming off a suspension or something? And what was his contract status during it (ie was he due for one right away?).

1 minute ago, RaidersAreOne said:

Wasn't Allen coming off a suspension or something? And what was his contract status during it (ie was he due for one right away?).

He was on the tag and wouldn't report, I believe, similar to the fifth year option and this scenario for the most part. No suspension I'm aware of, but maybe another better versed fan could tell me that. 

Coming off his age 25 season (slightly younger than Mack), 15.5 sacks, first team all pro season. 

Archived