What would you offer for Khalil Mack?

Humble_Beast

4 hours ago, Forge said:

No one I'd be willing to offer would really move the needle in any sort of trade, I think. Be better off adding an additional pick. Someone like AA has no trade value. Trent Brown could have been that type of guy that would have helped them out, but obviously he is gone. 

Foster and a 1st? 

10 hours ago, Yin-Yang said:

Also, apparently Mack and the Raiders haven’t been in talks since February. Not a Gruden fan, but how could he and the rest of the FO not even come to the table in 6 months?

This seems to be media nonsense. Gruden refuted the rumor that he hasn't spoken to Mack since he accepted the job, and McKenzie did the same regarding the stuff about no contract discussions taking place, saying he "will continue to talk" with Mack's agent.

Don't get me wrong - as a Raiders fan, the situation is hardly ideal. It'll be tough to pay him what he wants, and with Donald also needing paid, Mack has an additional bargaining chip which is undoubtedly making things harder. But any chat about Mack or his representatives not even talking to the team look to be wildly off. Which is unsurprising, given that it's offseason and the media need something to yell about.

Marcus Davenport.  Raiders get a player with similar potential as Mack coming out, though a bit more raw, on a rookie contract while the Saints get a player that can help them win a Super Bowl, or more, over the next 2-3 years that Brees will still be playing at his current level.

Also Davenport cost us 2 1st round picks and a 3rd IIRC so that gives you the value.

This years first, next years 1st and a conditional pick depending on performance.

Provided that he signs an extension. However I'm not doing this trade for the Eagles though. We tend to rotate our edge rushers more so it's better to have lots of good rushers than going all out to get a great one who isn't going to be in on ~90% of the snaps. We also wouldn't have the money to pay him. (probably won't have the money to pay Brandon Graham either)

To a team with the space, he is definitely worth a 2 1sts type of package, but for teams like the Eagles, taking on that inevitably large contract (and making the necessary moves to fit it) probably wouldn't even be worth a 7th. Not like the Eagles could just swap him for Cox either, as there'd be a ton of dead cap on our hands.

Archived