Update: Urban Meyer suspended 3 games

IDOG_det

2 minutes ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

And this is the part of this where I get lost. You have a credible victim, photographic evidence of injuries, a suspect with this history already, and while you don't have any direct witnesses, you do have people like Shelley Meyer who would hold weight in a courtroom and can speak to the abuse.

I'm not saying it's a layup conviction, but probable cause has been established with a whole hell of a lot less. Which is why I'm expecting the Columbus PD to get questions about this.

I'm also expecting inside scoop by the way.

Do we know that she actually went forward and pressed charges? That's about the only explanation I can come up as to why none were filed. 

3 minutes ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

And this is the part of this where I get lost. You have a credible victim, photographic evidence of injuries, a suspect with this history already, and while you don't have any direct witnesses, you do have people like Shelley Meyer who would hold weight in a courtroom and can speak to the abuse.

I'm not saying it's a layup conviction, but probable cause has been established with a whole hell of a lot less. Which is why I'm expecting the Columbus PD to get questions about this.

I'm also expecting inside scoop by the way.

The public records requests should pretty quickly flush out the legal aspect of this. On its face though, I agree. Physical evidence and a victim statement is enough without external factors. 

Urban getting his BP checked in real-time.

1 minute ago, Texasmade said:

Do we know that she actually went forward and pressed charges? That's about the only explanation I can come up as to why none were filed. 

From McMurphy's piece:

On Oct. 25, 2015, Courtney and Zach were separated. Zach came by her house, an argument ensued and then Courtney said he assaulted her.

“He took me and shoved me up against the wall, with his hands around my neck,” Courtney said. “Something he did very often. My (then 3-year old) daughter was clinging to my leg. It obviously registered with him what he was doing, so he took my (then 5-year old) son and left. So I called the police.”

Since Zach had already left, Courtney told the police not to come to the house because she had to calm her daughter down and put her to bed. The police said since Zach had left, they could come out the next day or she could come by the station the next morning. The report was officially filed on Oct. 26, 2015.

2 minutes ago, Texasmade said:

If not, it’s probably a worse look for Urbz even. Then the non-reporting does actually affect the legal end.

I don’t think that the incident actually occurred in Columbus. I believe Smith lived up in Delaware County somewhere. At least, that’s where the trespassing charge recently was. So, I’m going to clean my hands and punt to then on this one...

Based on what I'm hearing - which might not be all thats out there - he's done at OSU.
He knew the guy was an abuser at Florida (?) yet brought him to OSU?
He knew the guy was an abuser - smacked his pregnant wife around at OSU (?) - yet said/did nothing?
He's done.

32 minutes ago, Leader said:

Based on what I'm hearing - which might not be all thats out there - he's done at OSU.
He knew the guy was an abuser at Florida (?) yet brought him to OSU?
He knew the guy was an abuser - smacked his pregnant wife around at OSU (?) - yet said/did nothing?
He's done.

If they fire him it will be at the tune of $35m. The just cause language in his contract favors Urbz a lot. It’s why a lot of people think he won’t be fired 

Archived