Update: Urban Meyer suspended 3 games

IDOG_det

2 minutes ago, RandyMossIsBoss said:

Maybe I'm a sucker but that statement definitely makes me think Urban may not be in the wrong here, or at least not to a degree that would call for his firing. What would be Zach Smith's motive to protect Urban's tail?

Can someone give a primer on what Urban has potentially done wrong here, and bold the things (if anything) he 100% did wrong.

Kept an accused domestic abuser on the staff.

Didn't tell the truth at Big Ten Media day in regards to the 2015 incident.

6 minutes ago, RandyMossIsBoss said:

Maybe I'm a sucker but that statement definitely makes me think Urban may not be in the wrong here, or at least not to a degree that would call for his firing. What would be Zach Smith's motive to protect Urban's tail?

Can someone give a primer on what Urban has potentially done wrong here, and bold the things (if anything) he 100% did wrong.

I could be mistaken here but didn't someone say that Zach said if he goes down, he's taking everyone with him?? That interview that's paused at my house bc I'm picking up dinner doesn't seem to reflect that statement at all

The reporting or not reporting thing has been the issue for me with Urban. If he did so, as indicated today, I’m not sure what there is beyond lying to the media? I’m genuinely asking. You don’t fire someone for that. 

As for the text messages in the last page with Zach and the ex, Zach is an obvious idiot. If charges were not filed in 2015 and reports were made above him, I’m just not sure how Urban is responsible for private texts between an ex-couple.

Just now, RandyMossIsBoss said:

So does this boil down to whether or not it can be proven that Urban knew about the 2015 incident and failed to act?

Legally, if Courtney Smith doesn't fall under the Title IX provisions, then he actually hasn't done anything wrong.

The thing is based on the letter, he knew about the 2015 incident, reported it, and that was it.  So it's based on how you feel about whether or not you think he should be fired ethically.  It's pretty much unthinkable for him to release this letter saying he reported the incident if they can't prove that he did infact report it to someone.

Just now, RandyMossIsBoss said:

So does this boil down to whether or not it can be proven that Urban knew about the 2015 incident and failed to act?

He also knew about the 2009 incident that happened while he was on staff at Florida. 

He effectively knew this guy had a past issue but took him to Ohio to give him a new job. And then the guy had another incident in 2015.

Just now, WeaponX said:

He also knew about the 2009 incident that happened while he was on staff at Florida. 

He effectively knew this guy had a past issue but took him to Ohio to give him a new job. And then the guy had another incident in 2015.

It’s a CYA thing in this case though if those above him knew about those cases also though. If they did, crap runs uphill.

15 minutes ago, RandyMossIsBoss said:

Yeah.

I mean morally, regardless of whether he reported it or not, he knew about it, and kept the guy onstaff, so clearly that's pretty morally reprehensible.

buuuuuuuuuuut

That doesn't really matter in terms of him keeping his job. If he did report it, and someone above him failed to do anything about it, he hasn't violated title IX. 

7 hours ago, Mastercheddaar said:

Hearsay is when you do not have direct contact with the source. If his wife talked to Courtney then Mrs Meyers talked to Urban, that is hearsay. 

Also something I read about DV and HC's not being fired, here is something from Colorado not too long ago:

https://www.cleveland.com/osu/2018/08/what_happened_to_colorado_foot.html 

That is all

Mastercheddaar

You do understand @fretgod99 is a literal lawyer, right? Not really the guy you wanna try to argue with about how to define legal terms...

9 minutes ago, Jaguarfan said:

Yeah.

I mean morally, regardless of whether he reported it or not, he knew about it, and kept the guy onstaff, so clearly that's pretty morally reprehensible.

buuuuuuuuuuut

That doesn't really matter in terms of him keeping his job. If he did report it, and someone above him failed to do anything about it, he hasn't violated title IX. 

I think we all already know Urban is a scumbag. Just a matter of the logistics and whether OSU will be forced to fire him or face the media mob, because that's really the only way I see them firing him. Unfortunately, if it can be argued that HE performed all the proper steps in managing this (...did the bare minimum), he might stick around.

6 minutes ago, Danger said:

He knew at Florida, so he's still going to hire the dude on at OSU? K Urbz

When you literally needed to ask the question:

"So, have you stopped beating your wife yet?"

When ESPN does the 30 for 30, they need Brent McMurpy to narrate.

"So, have you stopped beating your wife yet?"

Narrator - "Text messages show, no."

"Uhhh...no comment."

"Good enough for me welcome aboard!"

5 hours ago, Raves said:

Considering the McMurphy claim that Urban absolutely knew, without having direct evidence, what accountability is there for that statement?  At best he's using conjecture and is true, at worst it's slander/libel.

Also from the other information coming out, there was more than just one side to this story, a side that McMurphy chose not to pursue in his full 3 days of research and only talking to Courtney.  Not saying she's lying, she could very well be 100% telling the truth, but there seems to be no attempt to get the full story, just the single most sensational aspect of it, which obviously McMurphy has an obvious agenda in wanting to get a better job/notoriety.

This post looks really bad considering that Urban Meyer released a statement saying that he did, in fact, know, thus verifying McMurphy's claim. You really want to accuse one the most reliable and well-regarded journalists as having an "obvious agenda" against Urban Meyer just so he can release a story to get a job? You think someone who has displayed journalistic integrity his entire career is willing to throw that away just to make a "sensationalist story" (that so far is seemingly incredibly accurate)?

4 minutes ago, IDOG_det said:

This post looks really bad considering that Urban Meyer released a statement saying that he did, in fact, know, thus verifying McMurphy's claim. You really want to accuse one the most reliable and well-regarded journalists as having an "obvious agenda" against Urban Meyer just so he can release a story to get a job? You think someone who has displayed journalistic integrity his entire career is willing to throw that away just to make a "sensationalist story" (that so far is seemingly incredibly accurate)?

Yup, I was wrong.  Happy?

Archived