Camp Cuts (53 Announced)

RaidersAreOne

1 hour ago, DallasRaider said:

Looking back I'm glad we took Miller. Our defense looked solid. Can't imagine how bad RT would look if Penn was still playing LT.

I don't think Kolton Miller is very good and I think you'll share my opinion in a few weeks, but I like your optimism. I dont agree with passing prospects like Minkah or Derwin for a guy like Miller sorry, no way.

4 hours ago, Nodisrespect said:

I don't think Kolton Miller is very good and I think you'll share my opinion in a few weeks, but I like your optimism. I dont agree with passing prospects like Minkah or Derwin for a guy like Miller sorry, no way.

I agree. It was top LT or wait. You take James and then draft Tackle in 2nd. 

6 minutes ago, roi34 said:

I agree. It was top LT or wait. You take James and then draft Tackle in 2nd. 

It was a desperate pick. We all knew it at the time. Only hope now is he develops and gets stronger. His feet look awesome. He's athletic as can be for his size. I'd like to seen him get a red shirt year, come back stronger but it is what it is as they say. 

Miller is going to give us headaches early. Just have to hope he settles in as the season progresses.

2 hours ago, big_palooka said:

It was a desperate pick. We all knew it at the time. Only hope now is he develops and gets stronger. His feet look awesome. He's athletic as can be for his size. I'd like to seen him get a red shirt year, come back stronger but it is what it is as they say. 

Miller is going to give us headaches early. Just have to hope he settles in as the season progresses.

Miller will be fine he’s having  trouble with the inside roll not the outside speed rush.  He just has to clean up his footwork.

Penn only had one week of practice at the right side, give them a break.

26 minutes ago, Bitty 2.0 said:

Miller will be fine he’s having  trouble with the inside roll not the outside speed rush.  He just has to clean up his footwork.

Penn only had one week of practice at the right side, give them a break.

Define fine? I think he will take some time to adjust. Clay Matthews had his way with him. Miller/Bosa/Ingram/Houston... he's going to struggle with them. He's not strong enough yet. 

3 hours ago, big_palooka said:

Define fine? I think he will take some time to adjust. Clay Matthews had his way with him. Miller/Bosa/Ingram/Houston... he's going to struggle with them. He's not strong enough yet. 

you just named some of the top pass rushers NFL.  Every teen struggles with them.

Miller will improve and he’ll be a middle of the road LT by the end of the year.

1 hour ago, Bitty 2.0 said:

you just named some of the top pass rushers NFL.  Every teen struggles with them.

Miller will improve and he’ll be a middle of the road LT by the end of the year.

Middle of the road isn't good enough when you consider the players they passed up to draft him.

Further, middle of the road isn't good enough in the AFC west for the pass rushers I mentioned. 

30 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

Middle of the road isn't good enough when you consider the players they passed up to draft him.

You won't be able to tell if it was a good pick at the end of year one. And how do you know the players they passed up will be any better than middle of the road when none have played a regular season game yet? How many rookies are considered above average in year 1 anyway?

1 minute ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

We're projecting Kolton quite a bit. Derwin is already NFL ready and will make plays for the Chargers from day 1.

No doubt in my mind Derwin James will be an All-pro at some stage. He's a legit talent and is already showing his play making ability. 

Archived