Football is back; Preseason Week One GDT

Kiwibrown

Preseason  

26 members have voted

1. 1. does Baker beat out Tyrod.

2. 2. Horny

10 hours ago, ohiogenius said:

Orchard is def getting cut this year. He does not get up the field. 

I thought Drango would hold down the fort at guard. I didnt watch much of the o-line but sounds like he didnt do well.

How did Shon Coleman look. Did he start at RT?

I still think Gregg Williams is a moron. Why draft and sign DBs if you are going to play them 10 yards off every play. 

Orchard actually played a decent game......against backups of course....my biggest disappointments on the Dline were Carl Nassib and Caleb Brantley...they both looked REALLY average against 2nd and 3rd stringers....I was expecting MUCH more....

The Olieman that surprised me the most for Greg Robinson, first he's a really big dude, he's a fast dude (he got to the 2nd level on some blocks last night) and he is EXTREMELY strong IMO....HOW in the hell this guy has sucked to this point in his career with those type of tools is beyond me....IMO he actually looked decent as a backup LT. IF someone our Oline coach is the one to start getting him to play in a manor that starts to put those tools together, we just added a kid who was the #2 pick in the draft at one point......I will keep my fingers crossed, but my expectations to a minimum. 

Shon Coleman looks like cut bait....and that i sad because I am one of his biggest supporters....he had a holding call, and he also had a Bad Flinch for a false start....he looks very stiff...I wonder if they should move him inside to OG....I dont think he can play OT at an NFL level.

IMO, drafting Ward was a necessity (eventhough I keep calling for us to have selected chubb).....if our CB's play like this during the year (Gains, Carrie and dude from KC....) I WANT MY MONEY BACK!!!! right now, I would say Ward is the #1 CB and Broddy-Calhoun will be a stud slot cb IMO.......the next best looking cb we have is some kid named McKinnon...out of UCF.....kid was making plays last night....

Duke Johnson will be the starting RB this year IMO.....Chubb and Hyde are the same players....and I am worried about Chubb's acceleration and ability to get to the running lanes....he still has the power and he still looks solid in the open field.....but his acceleration looked below average...he's going to need to change his running style. Chubb and Hyde will be used in short yardage, Red Zone, Goal Line and to run the clock our in the 4th quarter of games.

Corey Coleman was SUPPOSED to look how Antonion Callaway looked last night....

Higgins has finally caught on.....Landry is a stud.....njoku is a freak.....Taylor and Mayfield have some toys boys.....

Baker....we may be OK Fella's.....I coined his new nickname last night (...in the shower of course), just as with JoeScho last year, you heard it here first.....The Real Deal Mayfield.

Just a couple of my observations last night... 

3 hours ago, buno67 said:

Another great pass by baker. Put it where his WR could only make the catch

i know at the moment, there were questions about giving up on Coleman for infavor of Higgins. Not gonna lie, he has looked really good in practice and it carried over into the game. Hopefully it carries over into the season

It was really good to see some good plays out of Higgins in the pre-season opener!  Everyone saw that he could play in college but it will be nice if he can translate to the NFL.

As for Coleman, there are a lot of questions, but it seems more and more like he was just a locker room issue and not worth keeping on our part.  Would love to see Higgins make an impact as we have our deep threat in Callaway if he can stay on the field!

31 minutes ago, DaWg_LB. said:

Orchard actually played a decent game......against backups of course....my biggest disappointments on the Dline were Carl Nassib and Caleb Brantley...they both looked REALLY average against 2nd and 3rd stringers....I was expecting MUCH more....

The Olieman that surprised me the most for Greg Robinson, first he's a really big dude, he's a fast dude (he got to the 2nd level on some blocks last night) and he is EXTREMELY strong IMO....HOW in the hell this guy has sucked to this point in his career with those type of tools is beyond me....IMO he actually looked decent as a backup LT. IF someone our Oline coach is the one to start getting him to play in a manor that starts to put those tools together, we just added a kid who was the #2 pick in the draft at one point......I will keep my fingers crossed, but my expectations to a minimum. 

Shon Coleman looks like cut bait....and that i sad because I am one of his biggest supporters....he had a holding call, and he also had a Bad Flinch for a false start....he looks very stiff...I wonder if they should move him inside to OG....I dont think he can play OT at an NFL level.

IMO, drafting Ward was a necessity (eventhough I keep calling for us to have selected chubb).....if our CB's play like this during the year (Gains, Carrie and dude from KC....) I WANT MY MONEY BACK!!!! right now, I would say Ward is the #1 CB and Broddy-Calhoun will be a stud slot cb IMO.......the next best looking cb we have is some kid named McKinnon...out of UCF.....kid was making plays last night....

Duke Johnson will be the starting RB this year IMO.....Chubb and Hyde are the same players....and I am worried about Chubb's acceleration and ability to get to the running lanes....he still has the power and he still looks solid in the open field.....but his acceleration looked below average...he's going to need to change his running style. Chubb and Hyde will be used in short yardage, Red Zone, Goal Line and to run the clock our in the 4th quarter of games.

Corey Coleman was SUPPOSED to look how Antonion Callaway looked last night....

Higgins has finally caught on.....Landry is a stud.....njoku is a freak.....Taylor and Mayfield have some toys boys.....

Baker....we may be OK Fella's.....I coined his new nickname last night (...in the shower of course), just as with JoeScho last year, you heard it here first.....The Real Deal Mayfield.

Just a couple of my observations last night... 

Agreed with most of this. McKinnon can tackle!

Oh and I coined him Baker the touchdown maker. B|

I know I’m going to sound like a Debby downer but let’s remember we won all of our preseason games last year. And went 0-16. Baker went against mostly scrubs. Although he looked fantastic I still want him to sit the entire year. If u really watched last night you’d see a semblance of a future contender but I still think we’re ways away. Our Run game looks god awful   Our WRs out side of Landry are a question mark at best. We need a LT. Tretter looks weak. We need another PR and starting UT. I think Ogbah should move inside and add weight. Just my opinion. I don’t think he can develop the technic needed to be even a good PR. Gregg Williams Defense is ******* back at it again. With our DBS and Safeties so far off the ball it’s sickening. 

2 minutes ago, bosko1616 said:

I know I’m going to sound like a Debby downer but let’s remember we won all of our preseason games last year. And went 0-16. Baker went against mostly scrubs. Although he looked fantastic I still want him to sit the entire year. If u really watched last night you’d see a semblance of a future contender but I still think we’re ways away. Our Run game looks god awful   Our WRs out side of Landry are a question mark at best. We need a LT. Tretter looks weak. We need another PR and starting UT. I think Ogbah should move inside and add weight. Just my opinion. I don’t think he can develop the technic needed to be even a good PR. Gregg Williams Defense is ******* back at it again. With our DBS and Safeties so far off the ball it’s sickening. 

Not a good take bro, and not to attack you but when was the last time that we had playmakers who made plays, competent QB play, its about the quality of what we saw. You have a bad case for if you going with the old "same ol Browns bit".

Also as I keep saying, either Peppers or Kindred is going to get traded, both are playing really well, both are starters. I honestly don't think we can afford both on the team if they cant be on the field at the same time.  The better both are playing the better the compensation IMO (If it happens)

21 minutes ago, bosko1616 said:

I agree, we won all 4 preseason games last year but how did we do it? If i recall correctly, our starters would fall behind theirs and then our scrubs would beat their scrubs in the 3rd 4th quarter. This game yesterday had our 1-3.5 quarters where high quality football. 

21 minutes ago, bosko1616 said:

I think this is a little bit more hopefully. We won in preseason last year because of the 3rd stringers mainly.

to me last night our first teamers looked darn good. Tyrod looked great, Jarvis looked great, Njoku looked great. I don’t remember our first team looking this good in the preseason. 

To me that’s why it seems different than years past. Our playmakers looked like playmakers. Years past our first teamers sucked so we got stuck just rooting for our 3rd team guys the entire time 

35 minutes ago, Bonanza23 said:

Agreed with most of this. McKinnon can tackle!

Oh and I coined him Baker the touchdown maker. B|

I was thinking about that....LMAO......weird story.......I always remember my best players from Franchise Mode on Madden......and the best Running back I ever had was back on PS2...around 06 or 08.....was named Mark Baker....and I used to call him Touch Down Maker Baker!!! (he had 97spd, 99Btk, 95agility....highest rushing total for a season vs All Madden mode 2213yards and 28 TD's) Random Friday thoughts....

27 minutes ago, buno67 said:

You guys see Guice tore his ACL. There saying what he did to his knee last year lead to the issue this year. 

Whoa. could that have had some reason why he fell as well? It was pretty surprising how far he fell.

1 hour ago, MSURacerDT55 said:

Not a good take bro, and not to attack you but when was the last time that we had playmakers who made plays, competent QB play, its about the quality of what we saw. You have a bad case for if you going with the old "same ol Browns bit".

Also as I keep saying, either Peppers or Kindred is going to get traded, both are playing really well, both are starters. I honestly don't think we can afford both on the team if they cant be on the field at the same time.  The better both are playing the better the compensation IMO (If it happens)

I’m not saying same ole Browns I’m saying I still think we’re a year away from division title and playoffs honestly I wouldn’t be surprised at a 6-10 7-9 but I also I wouldn’t be surprised at 4-12 5-11 still think we’re ways off. I don’t think we have the right HC. I still think we need another WR, DT, LT, DE, and #2 CB 

went back and watched the game tape to look at the OL.

Austin Reitter was atrocious.. he had a decent game a few years back that I called into question when I broke down the film... he wasn't challenged by the personnel...

He was anointed as some bonafide starter quality by the media and fans... it made no sense then..

He need to be replaced... and be replaced ASAP....

5 minutes ago, Mind Character said:

went back and watched the game tape to look at the OL.

Austin Reitter was atrocious.. he had a decent game a few years back that I called into question when I broke down the film... he wasn't challenged by the personnel...

He was anointed as some bonafide starter quality by the media and fans... it made no sense then..

He need to be replaced... and be replaced ASAP....

Agree with this.  He was awful.  If that's all he's got, and they find a backup center, he gone.

Bitonio hopefully keeps up his good play at LT (according to reports he shut down Myles in practice)

RG is set with Zietler

Hopefully Corbert takes the LG spot.

Ive never been a fan of Tretter. I was glad he made it through healthy last season but I just think he needs to improve his strength. I can see the QBs not being able to step up when he goes up against the big boy DT/NT 

10 minutes ago, ReggieCamp said:

Agree with this.  He was awful.  If that's all he's got, and they find a backup center, he gone.

Electronic football...(I'm out for some reason)

If there is one position on OL that one can find around 53 cut down time, it's Center...

Hopefully we can upgrade..

Archived