Hard Knocks Discussion

Mind Character

2 hours ago, DizzyDean said:

This Hue is fired wishful thinking boggles the mind.  The owner himself left zero wiggle room about that.  It will not be happening any time soon.

Because if there is anyone I trust to keep their word,  its Jimmy.

8 hours ago, AkronsWitness said:

Does anybody else get the feeling the only thing standing in this teams way is not the players, but coaching. IDK why but I dont think Ive been less sold on a coaching group in my life than the one the Browns currently have outside of Haley, Henry and Saunders. The combonation of Hue Jackson and Gregg Williams running the show just makes me feel like even if the players do well, we will scheme ourselves out of games.

After last year with Gregggggs inexplicable defensive lapses and Hue just not knowing how to manage a game with decision making..........man....

Now we have Myles Garrett saying we are going to play ever MORE base defense leaving more LB matchups to get destroyed by WRs and RBs all the way down the field.

Listening to the radio yesterday. There was a reporter talking about Hue. He said Something that made sense. This would be the first time in Hue’s career that he hasn’t lead a major position group or was the head of the offense. So Hue is figuring out how to just be a HC and nothing more. You can see it when he is trying to be all over the field and interacting with all the players.dude has pretty much been an OC and STC since 2007. There was the line year he was just the RB coach for the bengals but that was the year Cincy was on Hardknocks I believe he was involved with more than just RBs. 

so I truly want to see what Hue does as he gets to solely focus on being a HC and nothing else becuase it’s something he has never done before. 

Greg Williams had his issues last year but he wasn’t the main reason the defense was bad. He had an awful secondary to work with. Hence why it was completely remade. I don’t mind his halo defense, he won a Super Bowl with it. Just want to see how it plays out when he has two legit outside corners and a legit FS. Something he didn’t have last year.

base defense is just fine. There is no reason to Be exoctic if you don’t need too be. Hell the best of a base you have, the less likely an offense can manipulate you. If an offense picks up you can only cover this formation this way or can only attack a formation that way, opposing OCs will Tee off on you. That’s what happen last year. If the Browns can play more base, it shows they trust their players to make plays. Like the saying goes, KISS, Keep It Simple Stupid. If you can keep it  simple and allow your players to just play, it’s better for them. If you get crazy then you get your players thinking. As a defender, of your thinking on the field you are wrong. Keeping it simple allows them to react to what is Happening and allows them to just go out and play. This defense this year is very athletic. So keeping it simple and letting your playmakers be playmakers isn’t a bad scheme. If you have to constantly try and come up with the perfect play call, you have more issues than just scheme

2 hours ago, DizzyDean said:

This Hue is fired wishful thinking boggles the mind.  The owner himself left zero wiggle room about that.  It will not be happening any time soon.

If the browns have a horrible start, Jimmy will give Dorsey the Axe and allow him to drop it anytime he wants. If hue shows he isn’t the coach, you get rid of him as soon as possible to either allow Haley prove himself as the HC and/or let’s them start the process of looking for the HC start as early as possible

Just now, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Idk, if 1-31 doesn’t do it, I’m not sure there is a number tbh.

Yeah there is.

court of public opinion woulda shamed haslam even if he was right to fire him after last season.  “Doesn’t give anyone a chance”.  He’s now been the most lenient owner ever (probably) and can give anyone a sell of - hey, I’ll at least give you 2.5 atrociously bad seasons where you just didn’t even do your job.

17 minutes ago, mistakey said:

Yeah there is.

court of public opinion woulda shamed haslam even if he was right to fire him after last season.  “Doesn’t give anyone a chance”.  He’s now been the most lenient owner ever (probably) and can give anyone a sell of - hey, I’ll at least give you 2.5 atrociously bad seasons where you just didn’t even do your job.

To me it doesn’t show leniency, just further incompetence.

He’s been trigger happy with every other regime, Banner, Chud, Heckert, Sashi, etc., but feels the need to stay the course with a guy who’s been as bad as Hue? Now I don’t mean just record, I’m talking about squeezing as little as possible out of what he was given, even if it wasn’t much.  Hue has been historically bad, despite not having a historically bad roster.

I truly hope I’m wrong about Hue, but he’s given me no reason to believe he’s the right man for the job thus far. Haslam, shockingly, even less so.

2 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

To me it doesn’t show leniency, just further incompetence.

He’s been trigger happy with every other regime, Banner, Chud, Heckert, Sashi, etc., but feels the need to stay the course with a guy who’s been as bad as Hue? Now I don’t mean just record, I’m talking about squeezing as little as possible out of what he was given, even if it wasn’t much.  Hue has been historically bad, despite not having a historically bad roster.

I truly hope I’m wrong about Hue, but he’s given me no reason to believe he’s the right man for the job thus far. Haslam, shockingly, even less so.

leniency, no.  rebuilding his own reputation and perhaps increasing hiring chances of a good candidate next year? more likely.  

i think its a little overboard to think that he will never get fired tho, especially if he starts with an 0 and streak.  especially how everyone has set expectations that they have to be competitive.  and traded for a qb and a 3x pro bowl wr, and had 2 top 5 picks, 1 of which is starting and hte other one could *probably* start on this team if they didnt have a vet qb in front of him.

7 hours ago, buno67 said:

If the browns have a horrible start, Jimmy will give Dorsey the Axe and allow him to drop it anytime he wants. If hue shows he isn’t the coach, you get rid of him as soon as possible to either allow Haley prove himself as the HC and/or let’s them start the process of looking for the HC start as early as possible

Next tell me about Santa, the Easter bunny, and the great pumpkin.  Hue will not be going anywhere.  Also this 0 and whatever talk is a moot point.  We finally are a good team.  The Ws will be here and it will be glorious!  We know what the haters will be doing.  Get your mouthwash ready!

2 minutes ago, DizzyDean said:

Next tell me about Santa, the Easter bunny, and the great pumpkin.  Hue will not be going anywhere.  Also this 0 and whatever talk is a moot point.  We finally are a good team.  The Ws will be here and it will be glorious!  We know what the haters will be doing.  Get your mouthwash ready!

You are on fire today.

25 minutes ago, DizzyDean said:

I think the hue haters are still waiting for you to finish with the mouthwash. Your breathe still smells like Brock...

wow that worked out better than I thought lol

1 hour ago, buno67 said:

I think the hue haters are still waiting for you to finish with the mouthwash. Your breathe still smells like Brock...

wow that worked out better than I thought lol

Care to clarify?  I said that Brock would get a chance to compete for the starting spot last year.  He did just that.  I said that we had nothing else at qb last year so it would be wise to give him a chance.  Are you saying that I was wrong?  You know that you are weak when the best attack that you have against someone in a debate is trying to use an instance of them being 100% correct against them :-). So yeah, maybe that didn’t work quite as well as you thought it did.

Archived