Bears could be interested in trading too much for Khalil Mack

cooters22

1 hour ago, Outpost31 said:

Don't BS yourself.  Everybody here was acting like Matthews was this good at that time.  Anything Matthews lacked in run defense he was twice as good as Mack is.  Matthews was a legit playmaker.  He was a legitimate DPOY for two of his first four years.  

I don't think prime Clay is better than Mack now BUT if there was this alternative universe where Mack was who he is more when we had prime Clay, nobody on the site would argue Mack is better. Nobody. What happened lately has certainly soured everyone. 

I think Matthews prime was as valuable to a defense as Mack is.  Matthews was a nightmare everywhere and did things Mack can't do as far as coverage and making plays.  

Straight up pass rush, Mack.

Run defense, Mack.

Playmaking knack, Matthews.

All around players probably Mack, but not NEARLY as great a disparity there as some suggest.

7 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

I think Matthews prime was as valuable to a defense as Mack is.  Matthews was a nightmare everywhere and did things Mack can't do as far as coverage and making plays.  

Run defense, Mack.

Weekly hamstring injury, Matthews

All around players probably Mack, but not NEARLY as great a disparity there as some suggest.

Added the bolded for you!!

2 minutes ago, Golfman said:

What's the snap count for Mack on Sunday night? I'd be shocked if he played more than 25. I think if they get him on the field, run a hurry up, and make him suck wind. 

I was thinking this today. Like what I'd do. Just the threat has to be at least honored. I'd have him out there passing downs least right?

5 minutes ago, Golfman said:

What's the snap count for Mack on Sunday night? I'd be shocked if he played more than 25. I think if they get him on the field, run a hurry up, and make him suck wind. 

How do we always get so lucky with impact defensive guys being on limited snaps in week 1 like Sheldon Richardson in week 1

47 minutes ago, skibrett15 said:

How do we always get so lucky with impact defensive guys being on limited snaps in week 1 like Sheldon Richardson in week 1

Teams see Rodgers on their schedule and panic the closer it is to gameday and make bad choices to help slow him down.

2010 Year in Review from McGinn:

Clay Matthews: Played on a sore shin until mid-December but still ranked fourth in regular-season sacks with 13½, trailing Dallas' DeMarcus Ware (15½), Kansas City's Tamba Hali (14½) and Miami's Cameron Wake (14). In 19 games, he led the Packers in sacks (17) and pressures (55), and was third in tackles for loss (6½). He had 6 take-away plays, one fewer than last season.
Opponents double-teamed Matthews on 35.2% of drop-backs (140 of 398). On other occasions, he stunted 118 times and dropped into coverage 135 times. Because foes must account for him on each play, he makes life easier for teammates. He's better playing the run away from him than at him, but run-stopping at the point certainly doesn't rank as a weakness. Not many players can match Matthews' level of effort.
Grade: A

1 hour ago, Norm said:

Geez I can't believe he actually said that in a way lol. Makes it sound like there was legit buzz around there they were trying at least.

We dodged a bullet not getting him, based on the chatter around here at least.... 

1 hour ago, Outpost31 said:

Run defense, Mack.

CM3 did have 42.5 sacks in his first 4 years. 

Mack has 40.5 sacks first 4 years.

Only one stat  but someone not you outpost said it wasn’t comparable between the two which maybe isn’t as true as one thinks. I’m a CM3 fan he’s a great player he’s not up with Mack currently but Clay in his early years was accounted for much the same way Mack is today. 

6 hours ago, Outpost31 said:

15 people said Clay Matthews was the Defensive Player of the Year in 2010.  Clay had just as much going for him at the end of 2010 as Mack has now.  More even considering his elite playoff performances. 

So yeah, give Mack his run defense over Matthews.  Just be sure to give Matthews his elite playmaking ability and his playoff performances.

Best years:

Mack - 54 tackles, 11 sacks, 1 interception for 6 yard TD, nothing but tackles in postseason game.
Matthews - 54 tackles, 13.5 sacks, 1 interception for 62 yard TD, 3.5 sacks, 1 pass defended (that he almost intercepted) and the most iconic forced fumble in Packers history. 

Clay Matthews had more value at the end of his 4th year than Mack.  Your parameters don't change that.  Anything you've got as far as run defense and pass rush, Matthews had at pass rush and playmaking. 

I agree with lost of what you’ve said outpost on CM in the last few pages. At the time Clay was considered pretty dam fine. To each their own thigh no point in trying to convince folks it is what it is. 

2 minutes ago, PACKRULE said:

I agree with lost of what you’ve said outpost on CM in the last few pages. At the time Clay was considered pretty dam fine. To each their own thigh no point in trying to convince folks it is what it is. 

That's his life passion. Let the light shine on.

Archived