Bears could be interested in trading too much for Khalil Mack

cooters22

2 hours ago, Packerraymond said:

He's talking about this year, the picks and money are totally irrelevant when looking at this season.

Not with the comment of them being able to dump more into their defense.  That's not talking about this season...

13 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

You said something about them being able to continue building their defense though.  That's what I was responding to.  If Trubisky is crap and they're paying Mack that much, how are they going to continue adding to their defense without two first round picks and paying him that much?  

There QB was as good as AR year one hahaha and they have no money I to him If he’s ok and can manage a game their D may carry them is all I was saying.

They can attack in the FA market or trades. We had first round pics and that didn’t always benefit our defense.

More then one way to skin a cat. I think thats why Gute was in on Mack you just find a way to make the math work. 

Look how much The rams just spent on their D. They can manage restructure cut whatever really teams seem to do it all the time. We would have had to had we owned him. 

Simple truth is they may not need to do much more to that defense to carry that team. I’m not sleeping on them and I sure hope we re dam ready on Sunday. 

14 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

Not with the comment of them being able to dump more into their defense.  That's not talking about this season...

No I meant that even with Mack they can still add in future years. They are likley done this year or I hope they are. 

2 minutes ago, PACKRULE said:

No I meant that even with Mack they can still add in future years. They are likley done this year or I hope they are. 

Yeah, well, that Ravens defense and that Jaguars defense... Both were built primarily theough the draft, so I disagree.  The Bears have a good defense, better with Mack, but they gave very few options and ways to improve after this year.

1 hour ago, Ragnarok said:

Mack could give the Bears the best front 7 in football this year.  They need Floyd to take full advantage of 1-on-1s and need Roquan to be everything they drafted him to be, but they are extremely talented.  I would not be surprised at all if they finished with a top 5 total D.  Amos and Jackson were a very nice pair of safeties last year.  

And they'll have a very good rushing attack with a solid OL.  

Really, the question is how does Mitchell adapt to the new system and weapons this year?

Nah da beerz sux *drools*

10 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

Yeah, well, that Ravens defense and that Jaguars defense... Both were built primarily theough the draft, so I disagree.  The Bears have a good defense, better with Mack, but they gave very few options and ways to improve after this year.

Ok we ll just have to disagree then. Jags brought in quite a few FAs unless they drafted Campbell and Jackson and AJB. I’m too tired to go research what the ravens did. They won with cheap qbs and good D. At this point who gives a dogs behind. I’m not sleeping on the bears seems most of the NFC north had decent offseasons and the bears now have the PS super bowl. 

Norm go to bed your drunk. 

15 minutes ago, PACKRULE said:

Ok we ll just have to disagree then. Jags brought in quite a few FAs unless they drafted Campbell and Jackson and AJB. I’m too tired to go research what the ravens did. They won with cheap qbs and good D. At this point who gives a dogs behind. I’m not sleeping on the bears seems most of the NFC north had decent offseasons and the bears now have the PS super bowl. 

Norm go to bed your drunk. 

I'm not though :(

I’ll go on the record calling this a dumb trade for Chicago. Unless Mitch turns into a top 10ish QB in the next 2 years, they are still a 7 win team (I wasn’t that impressed with him as a rookie). They have 24m in cap next year per Over the Cap which isn’t a ton in 2019 (like decent fa and picks... we have 40). If they don’t go 2017 Rams and are more just a meh 6-7 win team with a bottom teir qb, they might be garbage for awhile like the Raiders were a few years ago post Palmer trade (stuck capped out, limited resources). This is the type of move fans think is sexy, but can be a mega setback

2 hours ago, PACKRULE said:

2 hours ago, PACKRULE said:

There QB was as good as AR year one hahaha and they have no money I to him If he’s ok and can manage a game their D may carry them is all I was saying.

They can attack in the FA market or trades. We had first round pics and that didn’t always benefit our defense.

More then one way to skin a cat. I think thats why Gute was in on Mack you just find a way to make the math work. 

Look how much The rams just spent on their D. They can manage restructure cut whatever really teams seem to do it all the time. We would have had to had we owned him. 

Simple truth is they may not need to do much more to that defense to carry that team. I’m not sleeping on them and I sure hope we re dam ready on Sunday. 

Did you used to operate under the screen name "GBP4EVER" on a different Packers forum?

8 hours ago, Outpost31 said:

Your point is still wrong. The Bears will have $30M+ cap next year and roughly $40M+ in 2020 with Mack on the books. That's what happens when you draft bad for a decade plus. They still have resources to dump into their defense. 

The Jags are the blue print for supplementing draft picks with high priced free agents on defense.

10 hours ago, PACKRULE said:

I think from what I read is some posters are just suggesting that Mack will make the Bears better. Heck we tried to get him and no one knows what we offered but there was a reason we were in on this. So he goes to the bears now they suck come on folks they will be no cake walk and even if their QB doesn’t pan out they may be able to dump even more into that D. Ravens and jags are teams that come to mind that made playoff runs based off that side of the ball. With that said we shouldn’t be so dismissive of the Bears. 

We weren't dismissing the Bears (at least I wasn't). We were dismissing the troll that posted a PFF article about the Bears in a Packer forum.  There is a difference.  If he had something to post on his own? Fine. But copying a whole article and posting it in this forum?

Get outta here!

11 minutes ago, Dubz41 said:

We weren't dismissing the Bears (at least I wasn't). We were dismissing the troll that posted a PFF article about the Bears in a Packer forum.  There is a difference.  If he had something to post on his own? Fine. But copying a whole article and posting it in this forum?

Get outta here!

https://touchdownwire.usatoday.com/2018/09/01/why-bears-trading-for-khalil-mack-was-a-bad-idea/

Seriously we can do the same thing. Here's an article saying the move could be a disaster. 

"But for Chicago, this trade may set the franchise back years. While in the short term it may seem like a smart move, the long-term lookout could be troublesome."

Archived