Bears could be interested in trading too much for Khalil Mack

cooters22

2 minutes ago, Beast said:

Pettine's system is said to be about high risk man coverage and over loading the front up front.

This might not be Mack, but Thomas can probably play FS better than Haha, and Haha can probably play SS better than Brice or Jones. Give pass rush more time to get there.

Get Mack and you speed up the mental clock in every QB's head by at least .5 second. That is huge. 

2 minutes ago, Golfman said:

Get Mack and you speed up the mental clock in every QB's head by at least .5 second. That is huge. 

And so in the price tag, we've got 100 pages of talk about Mack... that message was more about Earl Thomas

10 minutes ago, Beast said:

And so in the price tag, we've got 100 pages of talk about Mack... that message was more about Earl Thomas

I understand that so my answer to that is you'd be paying a guy who is past his prime and regressing. He's going to want somewhere around 15 a year, I think that is a terrible invesment personally. 

17 minutes ago, Golfman said:

I understand that so my answer to that is you'd be paying a guy who is past his prime and regressing. He's going to want somewhere around 15 a year, I think that is a terrible invesment personally. 

OMG, Mack is so young and so amazing and anyone else is old, past their prime and regressing... except that's BS!

Mack and Thomas are less than two years apart. Both graded out at 90.2 grade on PFF last year (which isn't prefect but it's the best grade system we got).

If Earl Thomas is past his prime and regressing then so is Mack, who's no young guy himself... and the likes of JJ Watt and Justin Houston who were both up there like Mack both were often injured after getting their 100 million pay days... so all this crap about Mack being superman and Thomas being worthless is complete nonsense.

I have no problem saying Mack is better because he's less than two year younger and plays at a more important position... but the investment cost between the rumor two 1st and $23 million per year vs the rumor 2nd round pick and your number of $15 million a year is a bigger difference. Especially when you consider this up coming years draft has said to be loaded with pass rushers for the 1st round options.

I just don't understand why some see Mack as the hottest person ever and then Thomas has trash can junk. It makes no sense to me. They're both older than you'd prefer... be just ignore all the possible negative things about Mack and site everyone for Thomas?... I don't get it.

24 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

If I were the Raiders, I would be leaking all sorts of information about trading him to the Bills or Browns or some bad team/location to get him to re-sign.

If I were to play armchair shrink, I don't think he cares. Just the way he has gone about it. He wants his money and to be the highest paid. Another reservation I had since day one of this

31 minutes ago, Beast said:

OMG, Mack is so young and so amazing and anyone else is old, past their prime and regressing... except that's BS!

Mack and Thomas are less than two years apart. Both graded out at 90.2 grade on PFF last year (which isn't prefect but it's the best grade system we got).

If Earl Thomas is past his prime and regressing then so is Mack, who's no young guy himself... and the likes of JJ Watt and Justin Houston who were both up there like Mack both were often injured after getting their 100 million pay days... so all this crap about Mack being superman and Thomas being worthless is complete nonsense.

I have no problem saying Mack is better because he's less than two year younger and plays at a more important position... but the investment cost between the rumor two 1st and $23 million per year vs the rumor 2nd round pick and your number of $15 million a year is a bigger difference. Especially when you consider this up coming years draft has said to be loaded with pass rushers for the 1st round options.

I just don't understand why some see Mack as the hottest person ever and then Thomas has trash can junk. It makes no sense to me. They're both older than you'd prefer... be just ignore all the possible negative things about Mack and site everyone for Thomas?... I don't get it.

I’d be all for Thomas over Mack. It adds a great playmaker to our secondary at a weak spot for much cheaper then Mack. Plus, I’m not sold on spending the moon for Mack. I’d rather take my chances getting a stud edge in the draft next year with our two 1st rounders. 

Fwiw, what is appealing about this Mack thing is if he could be had for just our two firsts--I think that's a great deal. (Not saying that rumored price is true, but if it were, it's a good deal.) He would be a major force on our defense for at least two seasons. I mean, what if our lack of edge rush in terms of talent/depth is the only thing holding us back from winning it all this year?

Yet as others point out, what is not appealing is simply how bloody dang much he would cost us. 

Hence, you could see positives and negatives either way--I think that's why this thread keeps going.

If the Packers trade and sign him, then ok. You're going for broke, hoping to win it all within the next two seasons. But if they don't, I'm ok with that too. The future is more secure. 

My guess as to what happens? Mack doesn't end up a Packer.

54 minutes ago, Ketchup said:

I’d be all for Thomas over Mack. It adds a great playmaker to our secondary at a weak spot for much cheaper then Mack. Plus, I’m not sold on spending the moon for Mack. I’d rather take my chances getting a stud edge in the draft next year with our two 1st rounders. 

And one of those stud Wisconsin Tackles.

4 minutes ago, eyecatcher said:

What is the “this” you want Gute to get done?  I think there’s a page worth of posts of you saying that in this thread. ;)

sex with my gf. I want him to be the father of my son.

lol, no but seriously like a handful of people all said it like it was this easy thing to do. So i started being a ****** about it.

Archived